Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 07-24-2009, 03:03 AM   #1
Rethakul
Rethakul has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rethakul has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rethakul has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook
Heye, Dennie: The Obnoxious Librarian. v1.0 July 2009

Hello,

attached is my book "the obnoxious librarian from hades", which contains the collection of satirical tales from my weblog

The stories are inspired by the humor of the b*stard operator from hell and Dilbert. The character is a librarian in a huge bureaucracy, trying to survive endless meetings, clueless managers and l-users (library users).

Below an abstracts:

"The one where Kevin ruins my day

It is Monday morning, 9 am in the library and the phone rings. This is a nuisance. I am just in the middle of re-writing the Dewey entry on Wikipedia (the entry now goes straight to an entry about an obscure American philosopher named John Dewey, but of course it should point straight to Melvil Dewey) and now I have completely lost my train of thought. I let the phone ring three times as I don’t want my “customers” (I am no longer allowed to call them lusers, which is short for library users) think I have nothing better to do than answering their endless, irrelevant questions.

“Library” (with the proper curt tone in my voice)
“Hello, this is Kevin from sales. I cannot get access to the Wall Street Journal Online”
“Yes?”
“Well, I need to look up some stats for a presentation by the vice president before 10, so I need you to restore my access quickly”.

I always hate it when people try to make their problem mine. To make sure our Wall Street Journal access is completely secure, I change the password every 3 days and then post it clearly on the intranet webpage for everyone to see. Well, if they know how to find the page, as it is actually not linked from anywhere. And I use a white font on a white background. But for a real motivated user that should not be a problem, I think."

- Dennie Heye
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub dennie heye - obnoxious librarian from hades.epub (222.7 KB, 573 views)
Rethakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thank you for this !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
humor, satire