Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-17-2009, 04:51 AM   #1
AlexaErin
Banned
AlexaErin began at the beginning.

Device: computer
Can I get the spiritual e-books in internet?

Hello! Friends I have a keen interest towards spiritual activities. I think that spiritualism is the best way to get linked with God. Over the past few days I have been looking for some spiritual e-books on Christianity reflecting the concept of the Bible. Where I can get these spiritual e-books?
AlexaErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:57 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You may wish to look at this thread in this forum:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36237

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Or you could look in the wiki:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Bible_study_software or under free eBooks or under eBook Stores or even in the lending library page.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I get most of my spiritual e-texts (not always in a format you could reasonably call "ebook") at sacred-texts.com. However, they are mostly not remotely Christian.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
arshield
Enthusiast
arshield is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
The Christian Classics Etheral Library. http://www.ccel.org is a great place for ebooks on Christianity. There are a variety of formats and a ton of content. They do a lot of their own scanning and formatting so there is stuff there that isn't anywhere else. Tehre is some modern stuff there, but mostly public domain older books.
arshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Yes, CCEL is very comprehensive.

Also try the Jacques Maritain centre:
http://maritain.nd.edu/jmc/aristotl.htm

Here's a collection of the Early Church Fathers:
http://www.zeitun-eg.org/ecfidx.htm

And Religion Online, for a useful collection of texts:
http://www.religion-online.org/
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #7
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Zondervan (a large Christian publisher) sells eBooks on their website, besides Symtio which Dr. Drib referred you to already. They seem to be a new company and don't have as many eBooks as audiobooks right now, but I'm sure their selection will continue to grow. They offer eBooks in the following formats: .ePub, .lit, .prc & .pdf.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would really like to get some eBooks including the NKJV of the Bible published by Thomas Nelson. I had read that they have 316 titles for the Kindle, but I have the Sony PRS-700. After writing to the publisher this was the reply I received this morning. Very encouraging!!

Quote:
Thank you so much for your interest in Thomas Nelson ebooks. The quick
answer is yes we will be making our titles available in other ebook
formats beyond Kindle. We are working with Sony to make that possible
in the coming months. Also, we will be adding other formats, including
ePub. Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate
to let us know.

Best Regards,
Bob

Robert Edington
Vice President
Internet Channel
Thomas Nelson
P.O. Box 141000
Nashville, Tennessee 37214
Old 01-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
rebarnmom, have you done a search for "King James version of the bible" on this site? I know some have been uploaded.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #10
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
rebarnmom, have you done a search for "King James version of the bible" on this site? I know some have been uploaded.
The NKJV is a re-write of the KJV, in more modern English. It's still under copyright.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_King_James_Version
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:08 PM   #11
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Yes, I have the KJV thanks to someone on this forum, Deputy-Dawg, I believe. I've purchased the NIV, but the NKJV is my preferred version and it's under copyright with Nelson Publishers. That's why I wrote to them. You know I'm not beyond begging for the books I want!
Old 01-27-2009, 04:56 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
The NKJV is a re-write of the KJV, in more modern English. It's still under copyright.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_King_James_Version
So is the original King James version in the UK. It's protected by a perpetual Crown Copyright.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
Yes, I have the KJV thanks to someone on this forum, Deputy-Dawg, I believe. I've purchased the NIV, but the NKJV is my preferred version and it's under copyright with Nelson Publishers. That's why I wrote to them. You know I'm not beyond begging for the books I want!
Just wanted to make sure you weren't missing out......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
So is the original King James version in the UK. It's protected by a perpetual Crown Copyright.
No one uses the original KJV of the Bible any longer. It was made in the 17th Century before the modern alphabet existed. (v and u were reversed, word spellings changed, etc.) What everyone refers to is the 18th century Publisher updates that corrected the minor changes. The last such change was made in 1769. Three revisions were made prior to that one, 1762, 1638, 1629. The one you are referring to was 1611.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #15
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Talking about spiritual books, is The Richard Dawkins Delusion worth reading? I'm an atheist, and I've read The God Delusion, so I'd like to read what appears to be the rebuttal.

Edit : Just realise the original poster is banned, at least I don't feel so bad about taking the thread off topic.

The God Delusion isn't available as an electronic book, except on Kindle. Is it possible to use Kindle books without a Kindle?

Last edited by Halk; 01-27-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote