Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-04-2008, 12:47 AM   #1
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Do your surfing habits reflect your gender?

http://www.mikeonads.com/2008/07/13/...timate-gender/

Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 53%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 47%

Interesting.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:53 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 20%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 80%

Hmm, apparently chucking on the frock and the red pumps makes no difference to my browsing habits.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2008, 04:06 AM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 50%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 50%

Let's see;
  1. My mother was female & father was male - so I inherited equally from each.
  2. I have a hard time figuring what gender I am
  3. My daughter uses my computer sometimes & my "computer phobic" wife has me surf for her sometimes
  4. Survey is hokey
  5. Other
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:16 AM   #4
Bossman
Bossman doesn't litterBossman doesn't litter

Device: Prs505
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 0%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 100%

i surf to many tech sites

apple.com 0.89

so apple users are more likely to be female?
Bossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:55 AM   #5
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Female 40%
Male 60%

Cannot wait to tell my wife. I told her I was sensitive and in touch with my feminine side.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 8%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 92%

it's a good thing i'm secure in my sexuality (where's that frilly pink dress...)

hmm... a few excerpts from my history which may need to have their ratio revised :

Site Male-Female Ratio

youtube.com 1
wikipedia.org 1.08
paypal.com 1.04
flickr.com 1.15
nytimes.com 1.13
cnet.com 1.56
urbandictionary.com 1.13
icanhascheezburger.com 1.04
engadget.com 1.7
mozilla.org 1.33
bhphotovideo.com 1.86
winamp.com 1.5
allmusic.com 1.35
oreilly.com 1.67
dafont.com 0.71

i notice mobileread didn't appear in the list which is ironic since that's easily the site where i spend the most time. on the other hand i don't even remember the last time i visited b&h photo.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 47%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 53%

Okay, score one for them... but the results only analyzed 4 sites... one of them was NOT MR... a number of other sites that I regularly visit (including in the past 24 hours) were not in the results... and one of the sites that was listed was a pop-up ad. Not even vaguely representative of my browsing history or patterns.

I suspect the fact that my browser goes through a firewalled office system may be skewing the results...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:29 PM   #8
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
66% chance female
34% chance male

I've been spending way too much time looking at therapy and CME sites!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:24 PM   #9
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 62%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 38%

Steve, your office firewall theory is interesting. I'm at work now, but will try this on my home computer tonight.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #10
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Apparently I've got even more butch overnight:

Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 12%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 88%

Site Male-Female Ratio
answers.com 0.96
flickr.com 1.15
wikimedia.org 1.2
macrumors.com 2.08
canon.com 1.35
pandora.com 0.9
garmin.com 1.9
gutenberg.org 1.06
ebay.com.au 1.08

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 56%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 44%

Site Male-Female Ratio
jetblue.com
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:06 PM   #12
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 63%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 37%

google.com 0.98
amazon.com 0.9
paypal.com 1.04
cafepress.com 0.8
tracfone.com 0.8
archive.org 1.11
[a bank] 0.9

No mention of MR or Daz3d, the two sites I probably spend the most time at. This is from my home computer. I think I should also try it from work.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:27 PM   #13
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 21%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 79%

Site Male-Female Ratio
ebay.com 1.11
amazon.com 0.9
blogger.com 1.06
weather.com 1.08
deviantart.com 1.02
drudgereport.com 2.08
gsa.gov 0.64
allmusic.com 1.35
rarlab.com 1.74
linkedin.com 0.96
archive.org 1.11
gibson.com 1.74
Like others before me have said, the main sites I spend time with are not even on the list.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #14
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 52%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 48%

Site Male-Female Ratio
google.com 0.98
yahoo.com 0.9
wikipedia.org 1.08
ebay.com 1.11
amazon.com 0.9
paypal.com 1.04
imdb.com 1.06
att.com 0.83
verizonwireless.com 0.77
netflix.com 0.79
hp.com 1.11
myway.com 0.87
wamu.com 0.85
tvguide.com 0.79
fixya.com 1.53
zap2it.com 1.08
motorola.com 1.25
canon.com 1.35
gmail.com 0.9

Well, I've always thought of myself as rather balanced.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #15
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 33%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 67%

This seems to be based on visiting Ebay, Google, and The Internet Archive. This site wasn't mentioned. Not a very accurate result at all.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, unutterable silliness