Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 04:26 AM   #35956
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Waiting on the pollen. I have not been taking my allergy meds and been fine so far. I want to limit meds while I am trying to get pregnant.
Again! You don't hang around, do you?

Right now I'm laughing quietly to myself after a salesman from our organisation emailed me at 8am this morning to ask me to attend a client meeting at 10am with no prior notice when I have a two and a half hour drive just to get there, never mind my other commitments today. You can guess what I told him...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #35957
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've bought two pairs of jeans. I was lucky because normally they only have 28" and 30" length in store. 30" is on the short side for me. They now had the 32" and 34" in stock, the 32" was the right length, but they didn't have them in my size, so I settled for the 34" and I will roll them up. Too long is way better than too short.

After all the clothes shopping I've done during the last two weeks I've decided to treat myself to a chocolate croissant and online I've ordered some Burt's Bees products to try out.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #35958
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I am 41 so the clock is a ticking.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #35959
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Spring has officially start: After two very warm nights under my thick comforter (resulting in strange dreams) I've exchanged it for my thin comforter and an extra blanket for colder nights. I've also started sneezing today and it doesn't feel like I have a cold coming on.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #35960
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Sickened by the news from Boston
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #35961
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I've bought two pairs of jeans. I was lucky because normally they only have 28" and 30" length in store. 30" is on the short side for me. They now had the 32" and 34" in stock, the 32" was the right length, but they didn't have them in my size, so I settled for the 34" and I will roll them up. Too long is way better than too short.

After all the clothes shopping I've done during the last two weeks I've decided to treat myself to a chocolate croissant and online I've ordered some Burt's Bees products to try out.
How about getting them tailored?
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #35962
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
so I settled for the 34" and I will roll them up. Too long is way better than too short.
Come on, woman!! Even I can shorten pant legs! Don't you sell staple guns in your store?!?
While I 'can' sew them, I prefer to use the iron-on tape.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:19 AM   #35963
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
How about getting them tailored?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Come on, woman!! Even I can shorten pant legs! Don't you sell staple guns in your store?!?
While I 'can' sew them, I prefer to use the iron-on tape.

Stitchawl
A staple gun we have, though I doubt we still have staples for it . We do have various glues and gaffa tape that I could use .

I had already planned on using iron-on tape, but first I want to savour the fact that I have pants that are too long, I always have pants that are a little bit too short. Anyway I first have to wait until they've been washed a couple of times, the way my mother washes always tends to shrink things (t-shirts I usually buy a size too large for this reason), it might be that I won't need to shorten them at all.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #35964
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
The slacks that I have are already feeling a little too tight.need to lose some weight:banghead:
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #35965
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Waiting on the pollen. I have not been taking my allergy meds and been fine so far. I want to limit meds while I am trying to get pregnant.
Don't worry about the pollen. It's all in my swimming pool at the moment.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #35966
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Don't worry about the pollen. It's all in my swimming pool at the moment.
No! No! It's coating my car & deck! Lovely yellow & green!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #35967
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Today is the third day in a row with an 'Extreme Pollen Alert' for my region. I guess the cedar tress have been extra lascivious this year. Between my running and eyes watering, I'm dehydrating fast! I think for today's walk I'm going to wear a surgical mask!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #35968
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
If you heard a scream earlier tonight, it was me ....

WARNING: Graphic medical details will be shared below

So, getting old sucks, esp. if you have very fair skin (I never tan), so today I was on the table at my dermatologist - getting numerous moles removed from my neck. I tend to ignore them until they grow little stalks and start getting inflamed and painful. When she apologized for the pain of the local anesthesia injections, I was able to bravely say: "It's nothing compared to my root canal!"

So everything was reasonably pain free until I had to pull off the pressure dressing & ancillary bandaids tonight .... which now hurts worse than the excision sites .... Can't wait to sweat tonight ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #35969
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I got my hair cut today, it's about 3 inches shorter now. I like it, nice and practical. I do have to get used to it again; I just managed to scratch my neck whilst shampooing , using Lush's solid Squeeky Green shampoo, which has bits in it. I already swapped it for a different, non-scratchy, solid shampoo for tomorrow .

Now I'm trying to decide what I want to eat on Saturday when I'm going to look after dog Luca: a salad or a microwave steam meal.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #35970
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Drinking red wine and knuckling down to my book. Have written about 1,300 words today, which is pretty good for me, given all the other distractions that take me away from the task at hand (including work, the curse of the drinking classes).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?