Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #35851
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I decided when I woke up this morning that it's Left Hand Day: as far as possible, everything I normally do with my right hand is going to be assigned to my left and vice versa for the next 24 hours. Time to give the old right-brain a workout.
I just did a quick look up of Lateralization of brain function:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Brain function lateralization is evident in the phenomena of right- or left-handedness and of right or left ear preference[citation needed], but a person's preferred hand is not a clear indication of the location of brain function. Although 95% of right-handed people have left-hemisphere dominance for language, 18.8% of left-handed people have right-hemisphere dominance for language function. Additionally, 19.8% of the left-handed have bilateral language functions.[5] Even within various language functions (e.g., semantics, syntax, prosody), degree (and even hemisphere) of dominance may differ.[6] As well, through the experimental results from the effects of handedness and correlations between lateral differences and pathological data, it has been accepted that visual field effects could also be related to hemispheric specialization. [7]

Interesting and would be something to explore further.

Right now, I am starting my list of what needs to be done during our week off from work (no vacation pay) and I am finding out that there is not enough time to get it all done. So, normal life.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #35852
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I found out that Amazon order packers have a sense of humor. I ordered a micro SDHC card - which arrived in a 8 x 10 envelope (which weighed more than the card) with a 2" x 3" packing slip.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #35853
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Starting a load of laundry full of the clothes I was just wearing and towels. I can't believe I just spilled my first cup of coffee ever. Not only that, but I had to spill it while I was sitting in my favorite cushion reading chair and I am hoping that the cushion will dry out after I soaked up as much of the coffee as I could. Oh yeah, the chair is beige and the coffee was HOT! Ouch!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #35854
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Starting a load of laundry full of the clothes I was just wearing and towels. I can't believe I just spilled my first cup of coffee ever. Not only that, but I had to spill it while I was sitting in my favorite cushion reading chair and I am hoping that the cushion will dry out after I soaked up as much of the coffee as I could. Oh yeah, the chair is beige and the coffee was HOT! Ouch!
Nasty. But better than spilling it all into your laptop keyboard, I suppose (which I did a while ago - totalled the laptop).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #35855
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Nasty. But better than spilling it all into your laptop keyboard, I suppose (which I did a while ago - totalled the laptop).
See? We've been telling you to drink tea for how long now? Do you think it was purely to support the tea companies? Noooooo. It was to protect you and your laptop. But did you listen? Nooooooo. You kept drinking that dangerous stuff and look what happened.... I knew it... I knew it... They just never listen until it's too late. I tried. GOD KNOWS I TRIED.
Excuse me. I think that I need to go outside and scream.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #35856
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I finally got the pictures... turns out my kid not only makes nice babies, he makes nice photos too! 20 hours old and sleeping like a baby.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jess and Levi.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	103542  
Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #35857
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Lovely baby & mom picture Stitchy! {Quiet for now!}
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #35858
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I finally got the pictures... turns out my kid not only makes nice babies, he makes nice photos too! 20 hours old and sleeping like a baby.
Congratulations.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #35859
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
awwwww What a great picture
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #35860
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
See? We've been telling you to drink tea for how long now? Do you think it was purely to support the tea companies? Noooooo. It was to protect you and your laptop. But did you listen? Nooooooo. You kept drinking that dangerous stuff and look what happened.... I knew it... I knew it... They just never listen until it's too late. I tried. GOD KNOWS I TRIED.
Excuse me. I think that I need to go outside and scream.
I heard that scream from here!

Great Mum and baby picture, Granddad.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #35861
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I always worry about that, so my laptop is on a small chair-height table next to my chair; I have to turn to reach and type on it. That was safe, but apparently using my chair arm as a resting place for my coffee cup is not a good idea.
Quote:

Stitchawl
So cute. Thanks for sharing your first Grandpa picture with us.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #35862
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I always worry about that, so my laptop is on a small chair-height table next to my chair; I have to turn to reach and type on it. That was safe, but apparently using my chair arm as a resting place for my coffee cup is not a good idea.
This is one of the problems with progress...
Tower computers come equipped with beverage holders that slid in an out at the push of a button. Even with a cup or can they don't tip over, and are always right at hand. Eventually, however, they do wear out and need to be replaced.

Stitchawl
Old 03-28-2013, 12:35 AM   #35863
dreams
It's about the umbrella

And to think I though those little slide out things were to put my snack plates on.

Speaking of snacks, it's time to go find something to snack on.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:01 PM   #35864
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Listening to some Internet radio through the speaker dock I just purchased.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #35865
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
I seem to have a knack for killing threads.

Anyway, now I'm installing insulation film on my windows. So hopefully the electricity bill won't be as crazy this summer.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?