Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
hbtaylor
Enthusiast
hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: iPad 3, Nexus 7 (2013)
Can't Change Dropbox Custom Search Directory?

I upgraded to Marvin 2.0 on my iPad today. I love it! I am, however, experiencing a problem.

When I used it before, I told it to use a particular folder in my Dropbox as the custom search directory. It was my calibre library, and it worked well. I now have a different folder that I want to use, so I went into the gear/settings section of Marvin, went to Services, and tapped the "Tap here to set a custom search directory". It shows me the current folder ("/My calibre Library"), so I changed it to the new folder I want to use ("/Book Transfer"). However, it doesn't seem to be saving the change I made.

If I then tap the cloud icon and choose Dropbox, it shows the books from the old folder ("My calibre Library") and not the Book Transfer folder. Also, if I try to set the custom search directory again, it still shows the old folder and not the one that I entered.

Does anyone else see this, or is it just me? If anyone else sees this, does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it? I had the thought that I may want to delete Marvin and then re-install, but didn't want to if there was some other magical incantation I could do instead.

Thanks for any help anyone might have!

h.b.

p.s. I have read from my iPad 3 since I got it, and really like it. I recently bought a Nexus 7 and really like that form factor, but Marvin keeps pulling me back to reading on the iPad!
hbtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Bug confirmed. Sorry about that. It will be fixed in 2.1 very soon.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
hbtaylor
Enthusiast
hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: iPad 3, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Bug confirmed. Sorry about that. It will be fixed in 2.1 very soon.
Thanks for the update. It isn't a big problem at all to me. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the problem!
hbtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote