Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
MDK
Kobo Developer
MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura, Glo, Mini
Kobo Touch Firmware 1.9.11

Kobo Touch Firmware 1.9.11 has been released.

• Share book on Facebook
• Search within a book
• Low-battery warning
• Book progress available in Library
• and more...

Special thanks to the beta testers for their feedback!

Last edited by MDK; 09-26-2011 at 11:47 PM.
MDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As usual wonderful timing! I had reloaded my wife's Touch during the day after she had issues last night!
lol
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #3
Canorka
Connoisseur
Canorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Nice. Although It's telling me I've finished a ton of books that I haven't.
Canorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
I can also confirm that two searches that hadn't been working prior to the final update are now working. thanks!

Steph S.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:48 PM   #5
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
Yay for search
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 11:50 PM   #6
Sound
Sound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo Touch
Downloading it now!
Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:57 PM   #7
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

My device just updated to 1.9.10 0.o

Edit: downloaded twice (using the cloud button, it said downloading software) but both times it has been 1.9.10
Does it have anything to do with my location ?

Edit 2: Updated the kobo desktop and it downloaded the ereader update
My kobo is now on 1.9.11! Yay!

Last edited by IxiaAurea; 09-27-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #8
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
got a update via wifi twice and it degraded me back to the full version of 1.9.10 aug 20th, 2011 (well only the first time) when i as in the beta and the latest date was sept 20th 2011. I opened the kobo desktop app and it started to say something about a update but it was gone in 5 seconds when i went back to it.Im going to keep on trying.

Edit as i said the app flashed on/off but when i ejected the kobo it started updating and somehow it was updated to 1.9.11, Very odd.

Edit 2, did a search in a none kobo book and it worked pretty good, ran a bit sow but hey it need to look for a specific word out of a couple thousand.

Last edited by wes101; 09-27-2011 at 12:11 AM.
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:05 AM   #9
illiterate
illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Touch (since Sept 2011)
I just got 1.9.11 installed and already notice things are NOT well. I have many epub on my micro-SD, and things were okay on 1.9.10. But now when I try to turn pages, after a page or two, the book will be closed. And all the books on the micro-SD will not show up in KT. I have to either power-off then power-on, or re-insert the mirco-SD card to get the books back. But once I start turning pages the same problem happen again? Now how can I rollback to 1.9.10? I cannot keep rebooting KT one page at a time

Follow-up: Now I also notice that after it "dismount" the microSD card, KT won't go to sleep anymore. I have it set to sleep after inactive for 10 minutes, but if the microSD got dismount, it will wake up right away and HUNG (the touch screen become unresponive). I have to power it off when that happen.

Last edited by illiterate; 09-27-2011 at 12:16 AM. Reason: add follow-up
illiterate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:09 AM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Had some issues; tried a few times from Desktop; each time the Touch claimed to be doing an upgrade but was still at 1.9.10.

Then tried via WiFi; third attempt there I got to 1.9.11!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #11
MDK
Kobo Developer
MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura, Glo, Mini
Depending on your location it might be a an hour or two for all the caching servers between Kobo and you on the net to sort it out. We are working to improve this for future releases.
MDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:17 AM   #12
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
Depending on your location it might be a an hour or two for all the caching servers between Kobo and you on the net to sort it out. We are working to improve this for future releases.

LOL.. East End Scarborough; so close in geographic terms but who knows as far as the Internet Infrastructure goes!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:24 AM   #13
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
So updates come via the kobo desktop?
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:26 AM   #14
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Well, I can confirm that the last line cut off for sideloaded epubs is still present.

Unbelievable.

I wish I could go back to 1.9.9 I had zero problems with that version, but since 1.9.10 my Kobo Touch is unusable.

Very disappointed and frustrated.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #15
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
So updates come via the kobo desktop?
Kobo desktop worked for me - I think I pressed the sync button and it started downloading the ereader update. After that was complete I ejected my KT and the hourglass screen came on the KT, then the restarting screen and then a popup message to say I was on 1.9.11!