Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 10-08-2003, 03:03 AM   #61
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker
Speaking of regular expressions, here is one I wrote in my own perl web spider (used to fetch and convert webpages into Plucker format), that will strip Javascript and CSS style blocks from the page before it is parsed (since we don't deal with those elements, they're only taking up useless space in RAM at parse time, why not remove them!)

$content =~ s!<(s(?:cript|tyle))[^>]*>.*?</\1>!!gis

Works like a champ. Look at that beautiful backtracking and how I recycle the redundant parts of the regex, to combine two into one.

Perl++
Heh... nice one. Why not compete for the most complex regular expression
Old 10-08-2003, 03:05 AM   #62
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hacker, how do you like my regex for NYT?

(?=(?:(?!pagewanted=all|pagewanted=[\0-9]+|8br|8bl).)*$)(?&lt;!REFURI=)http:\/[a-z.0-9\/]+\/\d.*\.html
Old 11-06-2003, 06:42 PM   #63
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Someone asked me in an email how to change the username and password of the Yahoo Mail entry in the Web Channel Collection. I decided answer here so others with problems can also have a look.

(this applies to the MS Win version of iSiloX)
1. Open WCC120a.ixl in iSiloX
2. Scroll the list down till you see 'Yahoo Mail +'
3. Double-left-click on it
4. Click on the tab 'Source'
5. In the edit box, you see the url that you must edit. It starts with http://login.yahoo.com/config/....
6. Right-click once on it and in the popup menu choose 'edit'
7. Now you are ready to edit the url. Be careful that you don't delete or change the wrong part of it, or the final channel won't work. First, find <yourusername>. Left click there with your mouse and use the DEL button to erase it. Instead, fill it out with your real Yahoo login name. Similiarily, erase <yourpass> and replace it with your real Yahoo password. That done click on OK.
8. You are back in the tab 'Source'. To close it, press again on OK.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.gif
Views:	1138
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	184   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.gif
Views:	1078
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	185  
Old 01-15-2004, 06:54 AM   #64
Pseudonymen
Pseudonymen began at the beginning.

Swedish Yahoo

Hi

I have got the mail and the other Yahoo services to work on the .com version but if possible i would like to do the same with the yahoo.se version.
Somebody knows how? How did you extact the links that you have...?

/P
Old 03-02-2004, 01:24 AM   #65
kennethmgreen
Enthusiast
kennethmgreen began at the beginning.

Device: Treo680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Someone asked me in an email how to change the username and password of the Yahoo Mail entry in the Web Channel Collection. I decided answer here so others with problems can also have a look.
Is this for just Yahoo Mail or My Yahoo as well? I notice that the latest ixl file has the Yahoo components separated (unless I've missed a My Yahoo entry). Is that how My Yahoo is downloaded now?

Are the instructions at the beginning of this thread now outdated?
Old 03-02-2004, 01:57 AM   #66
kennethmgreen
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sUnShInE
I think the crucial part you're missing is exactly what I did wrong as well:

iSiloX doesn't want your login info. Yahoo! does. You need to log into Yahoo! under your account with your computer -- that's where the login name & password come into play.

So, surf over to Yahoo! News (for ex), and login under your account. Then copy and paste the url (which should be something like the one I got above) into your ixl.

Hopefully this is a better explanation of how I fixed my problem. Keep me posted and we'll work you through it.
I am replying to a fairly old post, so forgive me if this question is "out there" ...

I am able to get Yahoo News content to my Palm (T|T, iSilo/iSiloX 4.01) using the methods above - using the resulting URL after accessing the link via the YOURNAME and YOURPASS link provided. (this really should be part of the instructions, by the way. I was experiencing the same problems posted by saw9000 on first page of this thread because I was making the mistake of trying to sync the YOURNAME/YOURPASS link.)

I understand that it is Yahoo that wants my login info and not iSilo. What I am confused about is this...

How do I keep the Yahoo login active? The resulting link can't be good for long. Do I need to manually go to the YOURNAME/YOURPASS URL every time I want to convert? If I want to use scheduled conversions, how would I stay logged into Yahoo? Is there a way to automatically login and convert all in one sync?

Am I missing an obvious solution here?
Old 03-02-2004, 05:49 PM   #67
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

kennethmgreen, I will have a look at the yahoo channels again... last time i think they changed something with the login mechanism.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:34 PM   #68
kennethmgreen
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
kennethmgreen, I will have a look at the yahoo channels again... last time i think they changed something with the login mechanism.
Thank you for your response, Alexander (and all your efforts with this site...)

Please note that I am getting this to work. I *am* getting content converted and synched over. I just don't know if I'm doing it right, and want to get scheduling to work. I had moved away from using iSilo for awhile, then upgraded to the latest version recently (from 3.5) and am getting back into converting content for mobile reading.

I am currently synching Yahoo News and getting things over to my Palm. So at least it's working... My concerns are:

1. Can this be done on a scheduled basis? (the URL I'm syncing to has to know that I'm logged in somehow). The short (resulting) URL doesn't have that.

2. The instructions should be clearer: What URL are we supposed to be using? The screen shots (beginning of this thread) indicate that the URL we're supposed to use is the modified one where we replace YOURNAME and YOURPASS. But the only way I can get Yahoo to work is by using the result of that URL.

As far as I can tell, the only way I could have any kind of success with scheduling would be to use a URL with my login info embedded. I just don't see any other way. And this is what make me wonder if the instructions at the beginning of this thread are correct - that the URL I should be using is the long one with YOURNAME/PASS inserted.

Can someone please confirm whether or not they have gotten Yahoo to synch correctly using the actual URLs at the front of this thread (using your own name/pass of course... )
Old 03-06-2004, 12:06 PM   #69
kennethmgreen
Enthusiast

Since no one has replied with what URL they are using, I'm going to try to sort this issue out as best I can.

I should be able to use the source URL that is posted in this thread (the long URL where I replace YOURNAME and YOURPASS).

This isn't working for me, but it must be working for some people... (again, no confirmation, but I think Alexander's instructions and screen shots indicate that this should work.) According to other posts in this thread, the long URL isn't working for others. Is anyone getting the long URL to work?

When I enter the long URL in a browser (with my login info inserted), I get the expected Yahoo Mobile page. The resulting URL reads: http://pg1.yahoo.com/raw?dp=home

It is this URL that I must use to sync with iSilo if I want My Yahoo content. So far, this seems to be working OK, but there is no way that http://pg1.yahoo.com/raw?dp=home is going to continue to work. My login is getting saved obviously, but that is sure to expire.

To be honest, though, I am really only interested in the News portion. And I can get that without login credentials (http://pg1.yahoo.com/raw?dp=news) The news section doesn't seem to be affected by My Yahoo settings, so for me, this is likely the way to go. (if I don't need to login, I'm not going to worry about it)
Old 10-19-2005, 01:21 PM   #70
abab
abab began at the beginning.

Hi,

Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but it seemed the most suitable place I could find. Am using iSilo and want to use Yahoo to get movie and weather listings.The URLs on page 1 of this work at first sight, but unfortunately only seem to allow American locations to be specified? I live in the UK so would like access to the UK cities weather and movies. Is there are different link for these that iSilo would with? I can't find one on their site, but they do have a UK weather etc. service for "normal" web browsers so the data is presumably there somewhere!!

Many thanks for any help
Old 10-21-2005, 04:38 AM   #71
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

abab,

the links are actually quite outdated. For instance, for Y! Movies the correct link would now be:

http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?...&passwd=teleco

... and for Y! Weather:

http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?...asswd=YOURPASS

with USERNAME/PASSWORD replaced of course. Have you tried it with your login to see if UK data is shown?
Old 10-22-2005, 10:55 AM   #72
abab
abab began at the beginning.

Hi Alexander,

Thakns for the hints. I tried those new URLs and whilst they loaded fine, again I'm afraid they only seemed to work for American addresses?

Thanks anyway!