Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #35896
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Wow! Low cost too! I wonder if it comes with the little plastic spindle doohickies we needed for our 45's?

Stitchawl
A friend has a T-shirt with a 6 or 7" picture of that yellow spindle doohickie. It makes a great shirt to tell people's ages! If they think it's just a neat graphic, or some alien doodad, they're young!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #35897
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
A friend has a T-shirt with a 6 or 7" picture of that yellow spindle doohickie. It makes a great shirt to tell people's ages! If they think it's just a neat graphic, or some alien doodad, they're young!

My son thought they were safety plastic Ninja throwing stars for kids...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #35898
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I'm waiting for my Sammy cat to hurl a hair ball. She threw up her dinner, and has been running room to room, chewing on anything plastic, and yowling. She absolutely refuses to eat any of the hairball remedies, so we have these wonderful times together as her system prepares to eject a belly full of hair.

I should buy stock in Resolve carpet cleaner!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #35899
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I'm waiting for my Sammy cat to hurl a hair ball. She threw up her dinner, and has been running room to room, chewing on anything plastic, and yowling. She absolutely refuses to eat any of the hairball remedies, so we have these wonderful times together as her system prepares to eject a belly full of hair.

I should buy stock in Resolve carpet cleaner!
Don't the pet shops in your area sell packets of Oat grass seeds? Our shops even sell pots of already growing Oat grass. We buy the packets and keep a large pot going for Felicity. Although there are many plants on the veranda, the only two she will eat are the Lemongrass (which I don't want her to eat) and the Oat grass, which is her preferred emetic. She'll gobble a few strands of grass, wait about 20 seconds (or until she can find our slippers to aim at) and upchuck what ever is bothering her.

Stitchawl
Old 04-05-2013, 02:28 AM   #35900
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Packing boxes and large bags for the Goodwill thrift store. Got a large box and two small boxes of books, mostly hard covers. Two large bags of T-shirts (I haven't worn a T-shirt in years), a large bag of jeans (of various sizes), a few pairs of shoes, and a box of miscellaneous items. The last one's headed for the minivan now, so I'll be ready tomorrow.

(I'm a bit of a hoarder, and this is a good start.)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #35901
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Loading up the car ready for a 4-day trip to Wales. Sketchy internet access, lots of hills, mountains and sheep. See you all soon .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #35902
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Have a great trip, Orlok! Can you speak the language?

Stitchawl
Old 04-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #35903
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Have fun orlok. Safe travels.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #35904
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
It's 0540, been awake since a little after 0330. Having horrible spasms on my right arm, neck and shoulder due to nerve damage from one of my lovely crash and burns. I have a lot to do today for a dog event tomorrow but fortunately my schedule is fairly loose. I'd really really like to get some more sleep. I've taken about as many drugs as I feel safe at the moment. *sigh*
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #35905
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Thanks guys. Luckily the natives speak a form of English so we'll survive

On my first G&T of the night - it's tough but I'll get through it.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #35906
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Packing boxes and large bags for the Goodwill thrift store. Got a large box and two small boxes of books, mostly hard covers. Two large bags of T-shirts (I haven't worn a T-shirt in years), a large bag of jeans (of various sizes), a few pairs of shoes, and a box of miscellaneous items. The last one's headed for the minivan now, so I'll be ready tomorrow.

(I'm a bit of a hoarder, and this is a good start.)
Me too. My front room is full of bags and boxes along with some ewaste - old tower computer (hard drive removed) and old cell phones and various batteries. I plan to donate them during my errand run today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Loading up the car ready for a 4-day trip to Wales. Sketchy internet access, lots of hills, mountains and sheep. See you all soon .
Have a great time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
It's 0540, been awake since a little after 0330. Having horrible spasms on my right arm, neck and shoulder due to nerve damage from one of my lovely crash and burns. I have a lot to do today for a dog event tomorrow but fortunately my schedule is fairly loose. I'd really really like to get some more sleep. I've taken about as many drugs as I feel safe at the moment. *sigh*
I hope you were able to get some more sleep kk.

Right now, I am enjoying my morning coffee before I get ready to go out and about on my errands, then get back to finish my taxes and do the yearly shredding.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #35907
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Me too. My front room is full of bags and boxes along with some ewaste - old tower computer (hard drive removed) and old cell phones and various batteries. I plan to donate them during my errand run today.

Have a great time!

I hope you were able to get some more sleep kk.

Right now, I am enjoying my morning coffee before I get ready to go out and about on my errands, then get back to finish my taxes and do the yearly shredding.
I did some drowsing/reading/purr therapy for a few hours. at work now, getting ready for a major dog event tomorrow
Old 04-06-2013, 02:47 AM   #35908
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I hope your dog event goes well tomorrow kk.

My shredding is done and the paper recycle can is full. All the donation bags were delivered and ewaste was taken. The only thing they wouldn't take was the bag of old batteries I had. I have to find somewhere that accepts them.

That felt so good that I plan to clean my drawers and closets of even more things to donate. I really don't need 4 extra quilts or 7 extra blankets or.. or... humm, I think I will go back through my dressers and closets and see if I can eliminate even more clothing.

My tax forms are almost complete and I will put the rest off until tomorrow so I can enjoy a fresh cup of coffee and a biscotti.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:18 AM   #35909
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I hope your dog event goes well tomorrow kk.

My shredding is done and the paper recycle can is full. All the donation bags were delivered and ewaste was taken. The only thing they wouldn't take was the bag of old batteries I had. I have to find somewhere that accepts them.

That felt so good that I plan to clean my drawers and closets of even more things to donate. I really don't need 4 extra quilts or 7 extra blankets or.. or... humm, I think I will go back through my dressers and closets and see if I can eliminate even more clothing.

My tax forms are almost complete and I will put the rest off until tomorrow so I can enjoy a fresh cup of coffee and a biscotti.

So do I. I'm listening to it POUR outside! Heavy duty�� hopefully it gets it out of it's system by tomorrow. According to my "accu weather" forecast app it is to be only cloudy during our function tomorrow. That would be great especially based on current conditions. *tense* I'm especially frustrated as they have moved the open of our farmers market up by three weeks and that is the reason we are doing it this day.

Oh well, we'll see. *sigh*
Old 04-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #35910
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Spring cleaning continues whilst waiting for the yard to dry out enough for mowing/raking. It's astonishing how much junk accumulates! Took out 3 more trash bags ... resting now!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?