Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #241
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
That's a odd think to be very worried about. So a few words are underlined. I am sure you will be able to turn it off. If not I don't see how a word here or there underlined will ruin the reading experience for you.
I gathered from one of the videos, that by default nothing is underlined. You have to choose to click on the icon bottom left to have it.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #242
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartveld View Post
And will we be able to turn them off? I certainly hope so, but knowing Kobo, I'll first have to absolutely sure before I buy.
For what it is worth:

"On Kobo's new tablets and E Ink eReaders, Beyond the Book offers a way for passionate Readers to discover and engage with content by discovering books, Collections, and online material related to their latest reads and areas of interests. While reading a book, Readers can turn on this feature to discover content that is related to key subjects within the book."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...221398771.html

So, it appears the default is "off".
But, we may learn more, in a few days, if early recipients of the device report in here.
TheBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #243
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
Youtube Review in German

Here's another video review. The performance doesn't seem as snappy as I would have hoped. Watch the page turns when the guy taps the screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZyUGdUvLR4#t=616
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #244
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Yeah, you can adjust border spacing, at least I was able on my old Touch.
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #245
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post
Here's another video review. The performance doesn't seem as snappy as I would have hoped. Watch the page turns when the guy taps the screen.

Looks fine to me.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #246
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I am waiting for the 16th...if the pink one doesn't show on the web site to order, I'll order the black one....I really want this Aura!
You are going to run out of space to list all of your devices soon!

jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #247
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post

I didn't watch the whole thing but starting at about the 3:10 mark when he opens up a book and flips through it, all the page turns seem completely responsive to me.

Also I know it's different gens but the Aura light completely blows away that of the 1st gen Paperwhite. Amazon is really going to have to up its game to match that quality.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #248
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
You are going to run out of space to list all of your devices soon!

Perhaps....I do tend to sell them or give them away, when I decide I have no more use for them. If I was to try to list all the ones I've had, I would definitely run out of space!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:15 AM   #249
Jdschi
Connoisseur
Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.

Device: Nexus 7.2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I'm in the same boat but there has been no announcement regarding a Kobo Aura release in Japan unfortunately.
Are there any news on that? I just told my husband (who suddenly wants an ereader, heh) that he can buy an Aura for sure and cheap in Japan, Kobo being a Rakuten company now... But I can't find anything about that, neither release date nor price.
It's actually the same for Germany, isn't it? Guess we'll both get PW2s then...
Jdschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #250
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
a bit more information, for France at least

I went to a FNAC store at lunch time (wich is the exclusive seller for Kobo devices in France, as far as I know) and after having been sent from vendor to vendor (I think, I only missed two : the cameras-phones one and the music-films one ) I happened in front of one that :
1) was not busy
2) knew what a kobo reader was
3) was aware of the near release of new reader/tablets
He told me that he had no release shedule so far but had received an e-mail from FNAC that said that the new Kobo devices were expected for "the end of september", themselves not knowing when Kobo will make them available OK one could have hoped something more precise, but at least, we can expect them to show in France between now and the 30th... it's only a two weeks interval
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #251
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Thank you very much Vice-versa.

For the Aura HD I bugged several shop assistants. They usually could check the database to tell me that the Aura was registered (only in black at that time) but not in stock and the expected price. Nothing more.
I think I went again two days before its release and I got the same information, so even them didn't know when it was coming.
When asking Kobo_fr on Twitter, the answer is usually to check with FNAC.

In short I guess we'll know when it will be released the day of the release
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #252
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
In short I guess we'll know when it will be released the day of the release
I think it's most likely
Old 09-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #253
vice-versa
whippet addict

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen... The new Kobo Aura
http://www.fnac.com/Kobo-by-Fnac/Nou...riginClick=YES
available in France the 27th septembre

What ? it's already available everywhere else ?