Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #211
ningo
ningo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
The new version is working really well. There was one particular pdf I had that no matter how I fiddled with it, the old version would skip pages out. The native pdf mode has sorted all that out.
ningo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #212
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
k2pdfopt v1.61 released

K2pdfopt v1.61 is released. This fixes a v1.60 problem where some user menu inputs were not getting applied. It also is compiled with Tesseract v3.02.02. See the web site for details.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #213
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

k2pdfopt videos

I've created a couple of videos demonstrating how to use k2pdfopt: an overview and one about the native PDF output modes.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #214
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle paperwhite
Dear willus.

I have a problem running v.1.61 (windows 32 bits), when I double click it, it just crashes, tried also to drag a pdf file on it, same thing, nothing happens, as if it wants to start then it just crashes. Older version v.1.51 is working fine. I check the windows 32 bits for older CPU and it gives me same problem.
kim1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #215
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim1406 View Post
I have a problem running v.1.61 (windows 32 bits), when I double click it, it just crashes...
What operating system are you running? How much RAM do you have? If you know how, can you run k2pdfopt from the command-line with these options:

-v -debug

and then maybe post a screen shot? I double checked and the 32-bit version runs okay on my system (Windows 7 64-bit).
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #216
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
What operating system are you running? How much RAM do you have? If you know how, can you run k2pdfopt from the command-line with these options:

-v -debug

and then maybe post a screen shot? I double checked and the 32-bit version runs okay on my system (Windows 7 64-bit).
I tried it on my work and home pcs, both are Windows xp 32 bits, with 1 and 2 GB respectively.
From command line, it is not working also.

By the way, whenever I double click on the exe file, windows gives a security warning that says "the publisher could not be verified, Are you sure you want to run this software?"
then when clicking "Run", nothing happens.

This never happened on earlier versions, no warning at all.

Last edited by kim1406; 11-05-2012 at 03:09 AM. Reason: updating
Old 11-05-2012, 05:25 AM   #217
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
I tried it on my work and home pcs, both are Windows xp 32 bits, with 1 and 2 GB respectively.
From command line, it is not working also.
it works w/o any problem on my Win7 32bit. You may try after re downloading the app and pausing your antivirus.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #218
kim1406
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
it works w/o any problem on my Win7 32bit. You may try after re downloading the app and pausing your antivirus.
I re-downloaded the windows 32 bit file with my AV disabled and it did not work also on windows xp 32 bit, but it works fine on windows 7 64 bit. It seems that, the problem is with windows xp. Anyone tried it on windows xp 32 bit?

thanks.

Last edited by kim1406; 11-05-2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 11-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #219
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
I re-downloaded the windows 32 bit file with my AV disabled and it did not work also on windows xp 32 bit, but it works fine on windows 7 64 bit. It seems that, the problem is with windows xp. Anyone tried it on windows xp 32 bit?

thanks.
Tried it on laptop with Win Xp Home Edition Service Pack 2 and it did not work.

Does not open or opens black window for a fraction of second and then disappears.

Versions 1.6 and below work fine.

Last edited by markom; 11-05-2012 at 03:29 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #220
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

k2pdfopt Windows binaries updated (v1.61a)

I had an issue with my compile of the Tesseract library in the k2pdfopt v1.61 Windows binaries that was causing them not to run in Windows XP. They have been updated. If you downloaded a v1.61 Windows binary before now, you should re-download it. The new ones will identify themselves as v1.61a.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #221
kim1406
Connoisseur

Dear Willus

Big THANKS. It is working now.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:00 AM   #222
ace23
ace23 began at the beginning.

Device: none
hello,
this is a great software, but i'm needing a bit of help.
I am trying to convert a pdf magazine, but i want the first page and the table of contents (pages 1-16) will remain in their original size, and to convert all pages from page 16. can anyone please help and tell me how can i do that.
thank's a lot, and again this is great software.

Last edited by ace23; 11-09-2012 at 02:11 AM.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #223
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23 View Post
hello,
this is a great software, but i'm needing a bit of help.
I am trying to convert a pdf magazine, but i want the first page and the table of contents (pages 1-16) will remain in their original size, and to convert all pages from page 16. can anyone please help and tell me how can i do that.
thank's a lot, and again this is great software.
Unfortunately, right now k2pdfopt cannot apply different settings to different pages in the file in one command. So you'd have to convert the first 16 pages with one command and the rest with another command using different options and then perhaps join them with a tool like jpdftweak:

k2pdfopt -p 1-16 -mode fw -f2p -2 magazine.pdf -o out1.pdf
(This will fit the whole page and trim the margins.)

k2pdfopt -p 17- magazine.pdf -o out2.pdf
(This will do the default conversion with text wrapping.)

jpdftweak -i out1.pdf -i out2.pdf -o final_output.pdf
(This will join the two converted files.)
Old 11-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #224
greg3210
greg3210 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I can't get the -n (native) command to work. I'm running v1.61a x64 Windows version on Windows 7. I've tried several different pdf files with non-bitmap text but k2pdfopt still outputs bitmapped pdf files. Am I missing some needed additional command?
greg3210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #225
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3210 View Post
I can't get the -n (native) command to work. I'm running v1.61a x64 Windows version on Windows 7. I've tried several different pdf files with non-bitmap text but k2pdfopt still outputs bitmapped pdf files. Am I missing some needed additional command?
Sorry it's confusing, but text wrapping, which is also on by default, overrides native output mode, so you need to explicitly turn text wrapping off (-wrap-), or use a mode like "fitwidth" or "2col" which does this for you. See the native PDF output help page. I'll probably offer a -n+ option in v1.62 that forces native PDF output by turning off anything that conflicts with it.

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools