Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
lib P - R - S five hundred
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:47 AM   #17
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I must be the only one who watched the intro video before I downloaded the program.

Also +1 for British English.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #18
emai7s2
Connoisseur
emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.

Device: Palm & PPC
The New York Times discusses Calibre as its "weekly tip" in some detail in the Tech Talk podcast dated July 22nd.

The comments are very positive. It's discussed in the first few minutes of the show, so you don't have to listen to the whole 32 minute podcast:

http://dts.podtrac.nytimes.com/redir...22techtalk.mp3

Excerpts:
"Open-source, cross-platform - are there no more beautiful words in the English language?"

"It's obviously a program that was built with a lot of love."

"... funky spelling: c a l i b R E."
emai7s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #19
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Pooh! I like pronouncing it ka-lee-bray better than caliber. ;->
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #20
Muscon
Muscon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I am in Australia and should have known better also.
Fiance corrected me when I was calling it cal-e-bra. lol
Muscon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #21
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
Don't forget to note the pulsing heart on the site. Paypal is so quick and easy to click.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #22
bakura82
Zealot
bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Paperwhite
I found this thread only because I had to have Google settle this once and for all (as we know Google is all too good at).

I am Cuban and I often naturally assume a Romance pronunciation of words first. So, I rendered Calibre as kəˈliːbrə (not unlike our French friends would).

My wife just called me a moment ago asking for help with Calibre. Keep in mind, she was the one who always pronounced as intended and first corrected me! Anyway, she said kəˈliːbrə on the phone! ha!

I have to be honest, I always say Calibre (Caliber) out loud now, but cannot prevent myself from simultaneously saying kəˈliːbrə in my head.

Thanks for all your hard work, Kovid!
bakura82 is offline   Reply With Quote