Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
texasmichele
texasmichele began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
LIST INDEX OUT OF RANGE ERROR

I have gotten this message when trying to view my book in Calibre and the same books get my reader stuck too. I would love to know what this means?
Thanks!
texasmichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Post the full error
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #3
texasmichele

This is the full error message

list index out of range
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/michelescoma/Downloads/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages.zip/calibre/gui2/lrf_renderer/main.py", line 183, in parsed
self.document.render(self.renderer.lrf)
File "calibre/gui2/lrf_renderer/document.pyo", line 467, in render
File "calibre/gui2/lrf_renderer/document.pyo", line 409, in load_fonts
IndexError: list index out of range

Thanks
Old 01-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What version of calibre are you using?
Old 01-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
texasmichele

I have 0.4.127 on a Mac Book Pro running Mac OS X Version 10.5.6

I noticed it is the last 5 books that I have converted that are giving me problems. I have deleted and converted them several times getting the same error message. The video for view just keeps saying it is Parsing the book. I just recently backed up the folder containing the books on my external hard drive. I currently already had a folder on it named "ebooks" so I changed the name of the folder calibre stores books in and backed it up to the external. Once is was complete with the back up I changed the name of the folder back. All of my books are showing up just fine except for the ones I have done since the back-up. Thanks for all your help
Michele
Advert
Old 01-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It would be helpful if you opened a ticket and attached one of the LRF files causing this problem to it. You can open a ticket by creating a user account at

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net

and clicking New Ticket
Old 01-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
michailbachtin
Enthusiast
michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Sony PSR-1
With my Sony PRS-T1 Reader and Version 9.16 of Calibre running on Windows 7 I get this error message.

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 1429, in data
IndexError: list index out of range

I have tried recreated the metadata.db file after renaming it. The Calibre books on the hard disk of the computer are all there; but when I connect with my Sony reader, I can no longer see what books from the library are on my reader.

Any ideas? I would appreciate some help.

Sincerely (and thank you, dear Calibre geniuses),

Brian

P.S.

After recreating the metadata.db file with the reader attached I got this error message:

calibre, version 0.9.16
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:'ImageWrapper' object does not support indexing

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\choose_library.py", line 397, in restore_database
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 588, in library_moved
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1722, in set_books_in_library
TypeError: 'ImageWrapper' object does not support indexing

Whereas earlier I could view the Library and see if the file was also on my reader or not, this is no longer possible.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by michailbachtin; 01-29-2013 at 02:35 PM.
michailbachtin is offline   Reply With Quote