Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-31-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
Margrete
Connoisseur
Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.

Device: pixelar ebookreader (Hanlin V3)
Smile Greetings from Norway

Hi everyone

I already made my first post in the subforum for readers asking about advice, but I thought I'd introduce myself here as I'll probably spend sometime round the forum finding out more about ebook readers and other interesting stuff

I'm a I love to which I do in most of my sparetime when I'm not studying or working.

I come from Norway, and I study nautical science at one of the university colleges here.
Margrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome, Margrete! I hope you've found all the free books we've (well, not me but others) have uploaded here!

Enjoy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
Margrete
Connoisseur
Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome, Margrete! I hope you've found all the free books we've (well, not me but others) have uploaded here!

Enjoy.
Hi Desertgrandma Yes I found the free books, I've been browsing through the lists, there are many I want to read, some I've read before but I don't have the books here so downloading an ebook copy is great. I should be in bed but there is too much interesting to browse
Old 01-31-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrete View Post
Hi everyone

I already made my first post in the subforum for readers asking about advice, but I thought I'd introduce myself here as I'll probably spend sometime round the forum finding out more about ebook readers and other interesting stuff
Welcome to THE site filled with an abundance of information and people who love to help....

I'm a new member also and just beginning to delve into all the great info..

Make sure to check out all the beautifully formatted books that VERY dedicated members upload here.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:32 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Hi Desertgrandma Yes I found the free books, I've been browsing through the lists, there are many I want to read, some I've read before but I don't have the books here so downloading an ebook copy is great. I should be in bed but there is too much interesting to browse
We'll be here whenever you decide to come back!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Margrete and welcome to the Forum. Are eBooks and eBook readers popular in Norway?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #7
Margrete
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi Margrete and welcome to the Forum. Are eBooks and eBook readers popular in Norway?
Hi Cassidym. No ebooks and ereaders doesn't seem to be that popular in Norway. There was an article in a newpaper here some time ago about an ebookcompany here called digitalbok.no, and it doesn't go well for them it said. I haven't seen any ebook readers in the stores here in Ålesund, the city I live in. Digitalbok.no sells the the iliad ebook reader (for 5000kr - appr $731 with the current exchange rates), and the cybook (3000kr - $432) and I've seen one other in an online store, but as I know that's about it.

RL seems to have taken all of my time these last few days and will for the rest of the weekend as well.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #8
alehel
Zealot
alehel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Good to see I'm not the only Norwegian here

Don't waste your time on digitalbok.no. All their Norwegian ebooks are in the pdf format which, as far as I'm concerned, is not a good format for ebooks. A big pro about digitalbok.no though is that they don't use DRM, instead they watermark their Norwegian books so you can use it on any device you want, but they can find out who's distributing their files if you do start sharing them.

Ebook readers are hard to get hold of here. Digitalbok.no only sels mobi readers as that's what most of their english books are formatted in. The Sony readers, which is what I want, aren't sold anywhere here. I intend to purchase either the 505 or 700 the next time I go to England. I havn't quite decided which one to get yet.

Do let me know if you see anyone actually selling ebook readers here in Norway, other than at digitalbok.no.

By the way, if you want well formated classics, I really recommend you take a look at www.feedbooks.com. That's by far my fav site for free ebooks.

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by alehel; 02-12-2009 at 03:53 PM.
alehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello and welcome! What do you like to read?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #10
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
Hei og velkommen!
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:18 AM   #11
Margrete
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by alehel View Post
Good to see I'm not the only Norwegian here

Don't waste your time on digitalbok.no. All their Norwegian ebooks are in the pdf format which, as far as I'm concerned, is not a good format for ebooks. A big pro about digitalbok.no though is that they don't use DRM, instead they watermark their Norwegian books so you can use it on any device you want, but they can find out who's distributing their files if you do start sharing them.

Ebook readers are hard to get hold of here. Digitalbok.no only sels mobi readers as that's what most of their english books are formatted in. The Sony readers, which is what I want, aren't sold anywhere here. I intend to purchase either the 505 or 700 the next time I go to England. I havn't quite decided which one to get yet.

Do let me know if you see anyone actually selling ebook readers here in Norway, other than at digitalbok.no.

By the way, if you want well formated classics, I really recommend you take a look at www.feedbooks.com. That's by far my fav site for free ebooks.

P.S. Welcome to the forum.
Hi, I've never used digitalbok, just heard about them, so thanks for the info and for the info about feedbooks. I can't believe I've missed that site.
Piximaniasells the Cybook gen 3 for 2899 kr inkl MVA which is the only other place I've found with norwegian prices.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:24 AM   #12
Margrete
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Hello and welcome! What do you like to read?
Hi lilac I like to read fantasy (almost anykind of fantasy, at the moment it's mostly urban fantasy though), romance (paranormal mostly), sci-fi, thrillers/mystery/suspense, classics and some books which are a mixture of many genres. It depends on my mood. But lately RL is taking most of my time

some favorite authors:
Anne Bishop
Jim Butcher
Traci Harding
Sherrilyn Kenyon
Christine Feehan
Clive Cussler
Kelley Armstrong
Jacqueline Carey
Patricia Briggs
Joey W. Hill
Old 02-13-2009, 01:25 AM   #13
Margrete
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
Hei og velkommen!
Heisann og takk for det
Old 02-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Hi lilac I like to read fantasy (almost anykind of fantasy, at the moment it's mostly urban fantasy though), romance (paranormal mostly), sci-fi, thrillers/mystery/suspense, classics and some books which are a mixture of many genres. It depends on my mood. But lately RL is taking most of my time

some favorite authors:
Anne Bishop
Jim Butcher
Traci Harding
Sherrilyn Kenyon
Christine Feehan
Clive Cussler
Kelley Armstrong
Jacqueline Carey
Patricia Briggs
Joey W. Hill
I'm addicted to Jim Butcher right now! I've read quite a few of those authors

Check out our romance group here, if you are interested:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/group.php?groupid=10
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
alehel
Zealot
alehel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Incidently, for those Norwegians out there, I got an email from digitalbok.no today in answer to my question as to why they chose pdf and they told me that they were going to start offering their ebooks as epub as well as soon as their "new" ebook device goes on sail. They gave me no hint as to what device they were talking about, but as they don't use DRM, it won't necesarily be the 505.

I hope OpenInkpot will work well on my cybook soon so I can start reading these epub books when they come out. Bookeen keep saying they will add support for it, but I doubt that will be any time soon.
alehel is offline   Reply With Quote