Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
kicksotic
kicksotic began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
TOC - HTML to ePUB via Calibre

Hey guy, COMPLETE Newbie here. Don't read Code and, seriously, am lucky if I can find the On switch for the ol' computer in the morning.

Having said that, I'm finding that -- no matter what I do -- the LAST chapter in my TOC (when converting from HTML to ePUB through Calibre) is ALWAYS highlighted in blue, much like the "Chapter One" heading that follows it.

Is there ANYTHING I can do?

I'm pasting the Code below (God help me): :)

<p class=MsoNormalIndent style='line-height:150%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan lines-together'><u><span
style='font-family:"Times New Roman"'>Chapter Seventy<o:p></o:p></span></u></p>

</div>

<u><span style='font-size:12.0pt;line-height:150%;font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US'><br clear=ALL
style='page-break-before:always;mso-break-type:section-break'>
</span></u>

<div class=Section2>

<p class=MsoNormalIndent style='line-height:150%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan lines-together'><u><span
style='font-family:"Times New Roman"'><o:p><span style='text-decoration:none'>&nbsp;</span></o:p></span></u></p>

style='font-family:"Times New Roman"'><o:p><span style='text-decoration:none'>&nbsp;</span></o:p></span></u></p>

<p class=MsoNormalIndent align=center style='text-align:center;line-height:
150%'><u><span style='font-family:"Times New Roman"'>Chapter One<o:p></o:p></span></u></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>
kicksotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
this is the stylesheet entries

Code:
a {
    color: inherit;
    text-decoration: inherit;
    cursor: default
    }
a[href] {
    color: black; /*was blue */
    text-decoration: underline;
    cursor: pointer
    }
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
kicksotic

Thank you for your response. I'll look for that code and try to input what you suggested.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
kicksotic

Forgive me, theducks, but I'm not seeing -- or understanding -- where I would insert the Code you suggested. Is it possible for you to highlight where this would be?

Thank you.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksotic View Post
Forgive me, theducks, but I'm not seeing -- or understanding -- where I would insert the Code you suggested. Is it possible for you to highlight where this would be?

Thank you.
Put Into the CSS file called for in the Link in the file head area

Typical:
Code:
<link href="../Styles/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
  <style type="text/css">

(note: there may already be an entry calling for the color you see. The stylesheet can have any name as long as they all agree)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
kicksotic

Thank you again for helping out. I have no doubt this is an amazingly easy thing to do and someone with your talent and experience could have this fixed in five minutes, if not less.

Truth is, I have NO idea what I'm doing -- don't even know what a CSS is or how to find it -- and, in looking at the Code, I see link href= but I don't see stylesheet.css or anything like that. And, even if I did, I wouldn't know where to put the suggested code in!

I did make a stab at it, though, in TextEdit. But now can't figure out how to get the TextEdit code back into DOC to read as the single word I need.

See? Hopeless. (I've also been at this for nearly three days -- all day -- and am at my limit). I'm a writer, not a computer tech Code-person expert genius.

What I'm left with, despite your generous attempts to help me out, is a large blue Epilogue -- it's the Epilogue that's doing it now -- on its own page which has somehow hijacked the link to Chapter One. Bizarrely, my Table of Contents works FANTASTIC ... save for this ONE frustrating issue.

(hits head against wall)