Notices

Old 06-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
MrArtifex
MrArtifex began at the beginning.

Device: none
Inputting of metadata in file for itunes import

Hi,

i am using Calibre 0.8.46 for Mac.
I opened some pdfs in Calibre and changed the metadata incl. covers and so on. I clicked on "Saved on hard drive" and imported these new created folders into itunes. But in itunes all new metadata is dissapeared without a trace. Nothing left?!?!?

Can someone please explain to me how to include or save all the metadata in the files so that i am able to import the files into itunes?

Thanks for a short feedback

regards
Arti

Last edited by MrArtifex; 06-24-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: missing post title
MrArtifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Unfortunately the metadata changes are not going to be imported into iTunes. Refer to this thread which discusses the changes that Apple made with iTunes 10.6.3, disabling calibre's ability to add metadata to books sent to iTunes.

If you're using an older version of iTunes than 10.6.3, you can use the 'Connect to iTunes' feature, which will update the metadata to match when you send the book. If you're using 10.6.3, you'll have to make the metadata changes directly in iTunes.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
MrArtifex

not feasible for 100 books ;-) But thx anyway...i am going to wait for an calibre update ;-)
Old 06-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArtifex View Post
not feasible for 100 books ;-) But thx anyway...i am going to wait for an calibre update ;-)
It's not a calibre problem, it's an iTunes problem.

G
Old 06-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
MrArtifex

Do you think that this feature will not be available at all in the future?

Don't get me wrong but then calibre is a bit useless because then it is not possible to get the metadata tags created by calibre into any other system, correct?
Advert
Old 06-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
GRiker

This problem applies specifically to using iTunes 10.6.3 on the Mac. It doesn't apply to any other readers other than iDevices. If you're confused, read this sticky and this post that I referred you to earlier.

G
Old 06-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
MrArtifex

In the post you mentioned in your last message you said that one possibilty is to save books to my desktop from calibre and then add them to iTunes manually.

I tried that several times but I cannot get metadata to stick and update in the export files when dumped into iTunes.

I've set the appropriate preferences to update metadata, I've also tried converting from pdf to pdf and also tried the modify pdf plugging.

Another user in the forum mentioned the same problems ...;-(
Old 06-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #8
GRiker

As I said in my first response, you will need to update the metadata manually in iTunes after adding the book to iTunes.

G
Old 06-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
MrArtifex

ok got it.
Thanks for your help. Hope that this is just a temporary issue with itunes.

regards
Arti