Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
mollie38
Connoisseur
mollie38 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505 Kindle 3gwifi
PRS505 Keeps formatting when changing font size

I can't change the font size on my Sony 505 I need either the medium size or the large size font to read , so when I come to change it, the reader just keeps formatting on me, I have deleted most of the books on the reader, reset it but it hasn't made any difference anyone know how I can fix it
mollie38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollie38 View Post
I can't change the font size on my Sony 505 I need either the medium size or the large size font to read , so when I come to change it, the reader just keeps formatting on me, I have deleted most of the books on the reader, reset it but it hasn't made any difference anyone know how I can fix it
Sounds like you are using LRF. Time to put that obsolete format to bed. Go with ePub. Calibre will convert LRF to ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
mollie38
Connoisseur

When I use Calibre I convert the books to epub before I transfer them to my reader will delete the book from the reader and try it again see if it makes any difference
Old 06-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
mollie38
Connoisseur

Oh thank you JSWolf, deleted the book and converted it again and put it back on the reader and Hey Presto it worked it was so annoying because when I tried to change the font size it formatted the book so it went back to the beginning of the book and I was up to page 401 so I had go right through the book to get to the correct page Thank you so much.:
Old 06-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
?.. and I was up to page 401 so I had go right through the book to get to the correct page ..:
you do know that you can just type in a page number using the number keys?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 06:11 AM   #6
mollie38
Connoisseur

Hi John

I know but even when I done that is still kept formatting on me so had to go right through to the page I needed so it wouldn't go off again, and, if I was lucky sometimes the font size would change for me, but problem solved now hopefully
Old 06-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #7
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
What was the format of the troublesome ebook (lrf, ePub, ...)?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Oh thank you JSWolf, deleted the book and converted it again and put it back on the reader and Hey Presto it worked it was so annoying because when I tried to change the font size it formatted the book so it went back to the beginning of the book and I was up to page 401 so I had go right through the book to get to the correct page Thank you so much.:
The problem with LRF is that it needs to be formatted. Calibre doesn't pre-format so any LRF sent to a Sony Reader has to then be formatted by the Reader. When it's first opened in small, when the size is changed to medium, and then the size is changed to large.

ePub needs no pre-formatting and does it on the fly and is a lot faster and more reliable.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:26 AM   #9
mollie38
Connoisseur

The book was LRF , I had a book some time ago which kept formatting everytime I changed pages that was a nightmare, but hopefully its all sorted now