Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #721
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Kindle Keyboard/K3 covers (lighted and not) that are 50% off with the KSO offer are covers that are generally highly regarded here and recommended? Also, would I be able to combine that code with the $5 off a $10 purchase code?

I previously used multiple discount codes in an order, but only one of the codes was a KSO coupon, the rest were on the product pages. I wasn't sure if it would be different if both codes were KSO.

I tried to use the $5 off on a new Subscribe & Save but it didn't work.
Definitely worth it.

The last few $5 (and similar) KSO offers have been non-stackable, which means you can't use with any other promo code. generally, you get whichever code you entered that gives you the best $$ off on that particular order and the others wait on your account until you place another order.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #722
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Definitely worth it.

The last few $5 (and similar) KSO offers have been non-stackable, which means you can't use with any other promo code. generally, you get whichever code you entered that gives you the best $$ off on that particular order and the others wait on your account until you place another order.
I tried to use the $5 off for $10 purchase with the 1/2 off cover deal and only the 1/2 off worked. The $5 was entered but wasn't applied and it shows as used, so I can't use it for anything else.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 03:28 PM   #723
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
I tried to use the $5 off for $10 purchase with the 1/2 off cover deal and only the 1/2 off worked. The $5 was entered but wasn't applied and it shows as used, so I can't use it for anything else.
Oh no, I wonder if mine will show as used because I tried to use it on a subscription order? How do I find out if will no longer available (short of entering it again before I'm actually ready to order.)

After looking at the Kindle covers more I realized they are not a good option for me because of the way I read. I was thinking of buying one of the Tuff-Luv Multi-View covers instead. If the coupon no longer works, I won't bother.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #724
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
It will automatically come off your next order (I've done this, trying to get both at once).
Old 10-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #725
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsulinJunkie72 View Post
They had THE PRAGUE CEMETERY as a Nov. 8th pre-order on the last $1 sale. It was under both the main page for the sale and fiction.

Weirdly, over the last few days, the listing for the Kindle version of it (which listed for about $15) has vanished off the site, although I still show an order for it with an unknown release date.
Ok, hope you get it. New release date: 2036 (does the month and day even matter?)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Prague-Cem.../dp/B005LVQZQ6
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #726
InsulinJunkie72
Enthusiast
InsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Ok, hope you get it. New release date: 2036 (does the month and day even matter?)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Prague-Cem.../dp/B005LVQZQ6
Yeah, I saw that. The page has changed a few times over the last couple of days.

Something's up, since you can no longer get the Kindle version at any price. I'll let it play out for a week or so, before possibly contacting Customer Service.
InsulinJunkie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:05 AM   #727
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
New Offers (claim by 04 Nov)

New Offer (claim by 02 Nov)

Expiring Offers (links in OP)
  • 58 - Get a select Kindle Book (Mysteries & Thrillers) for $1 -- expires 03 Nov
  • 59 - Save $5 on a $10 purchase of Physical Items -- expires 03 Nov
  • 60 - Save 30% on select Headphones -- expires 07 Nov

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-01-2011 at 04:49 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:15 AM   #728
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please note that the window for claiming and redeeming "Water for Elephants" is very short.

You only have two days to claim it (normally four days) and one week to redeem it (normally one month).
Old 11-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #729
MikeCL
Zealot
MikeCL began at the beginning.

Device: KKB-3G
Thanks for the warning I just got the deal.
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #730
moolyn
Rookie eBookie
moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch, Kobo Touch, iPad3
I asked this on another thread and haven't received a response. What will happen if I buy a Kindle WSO in the US and bring it back to Canada? Will I receive the special offers or will they just disappear into cyber space?
moolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #731
koland
Grand Sorcerer

You'll still get them. You may not be able to take advantage of them (and that may vary by offer or over time).
Old 11-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #732
lucifix
lucifix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
This is really disappointing. My kindle keyboard only displayed offers for the K4 and amazon couldn't help me when I called them.

Does anyone have a spare promo code for 50% off the K3 covers? I will really appreciate it
lucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #733
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifix View Post
This is really disappointing. My kindle keyboard only displayed offers for the K4 and amazon couldn't help me when I called them.

Does anyone have a spare promo code for 50% off the K3 covers? I will really appreciate it
Call again or try Chat. I got them to exchange my Kindle Keyboard offer for a K4 cover. The first person I talk to was no help. I email them and never got a response so I tried chat at 3AM on a weekend and that person was great and fixed it for me.

When you get the Inquiry email from your support call. Click no this did not help me and fill out the form it will them ask you to try support again. I gave the first person negative feedback because they lied to me.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-01-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #734
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifix View Post

Who did you call? Amazon CS or Kindle CS? It does make a difference. Kindle CS is 1-866-321-8851

Anyway, do as Blossom suggested and call again. Be polite, but persistent. Ask them why they sent you the wrong offer? Let us know what happens.

BTW, welcome to the board
Old 11-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #735
lucifix
lucifix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Hello guys!

I just got off the chat with amazon and they said that all they could do was to apply a $10 promotional discount to account because the 50% offer has already expired on 31 October.

Should I contact them again?
lucifix is offline   Reply With Quote