Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #391
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by beej231 View Post
Blossom one thing I always do now is return to the boring gray before I shut it down or put it to sleep. I have no idea if that will make a difference or not.
It's grey shelves for me after having mine replaced the only good thing is my replacement is better than the one I had. Faster, much more responsive and battery is really accurate. WiFi transfer is super fast too on my old one it chugged along.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #392
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's grey shelves for me after having mine replaced the only good thing is my replacement is better than the one I had. Faster, much more responsive and battery is really accurate. WiFi transfer is super fast too on my old one it chugged along.
Just in case there is an unbrick your Kindle Fire utility at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1430038.

I downloaded it just in case something goes amuck, which can happen even if you haven't added unofficial software. I kind of feel like mine chugs along. Maybe I will have to think about that. I would like super fast wifi.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #393
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Just in case there is an unbrick your Kindle Fire utility at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1430038.

I downloaded it just in case something goes amuck, which can happen even if you haven't added unofficial software. I kind of feel like mine chugs along. Maybe I will have to think about that. I would like super fast wifi.
It doesn't work with the latest firmware. The latest firmware changed things. I read a little about unbricking a Fire with different methods but the easy ones were outdated and the more complicated ones went over my head.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #394
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It doesn't work with the latest firmware. The latest firmware changed things. I read a little about unbricking a Fire with different methods but the easy ones were outdated and the more complicated ones went over my head.
Ouch. If unbricking is difficult, I really should stop fooling around with the thing.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #395
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Ouch. If unbricking is difficult, I really should stop fooling around with the thing.
It didn't use to be before 6.2.2 but yeah I am sure given time maybe new tools will be out but yeah be careful if you don't know all that rooting high tech stuff. The way I see it Amazon will replace it once then they may start asking questions if it happens again so I am sticking with the stock launcher.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #396
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by janiebegood View Post
I did this just yesterday! Plug the Kindle Fire into the computer via the USB cable. Find the video you want to load (I was moving .mp4 files, so I don't know what other ones it will support). Pull the video into the Pictures folder on the Fire, NOT the Video folder. When you're done, disconnect and open the Gallery icon. Your videos should be there.
Perhaps this was address in a recent update. I put my mp4 vids in the Videos folder, and they show up in the Gallery under "Videos" as expected.
If I put them in the Pictures folder, they still work, but they show up under "Pictures" and have inappropriate options like "rotate."

Now, if Amazon would just get rid of the stupid grey menu bar while watching Gallery vids in full-screen....
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #397
Deb54
Deb54 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
deleteing from carousel

to delete icons from your carousel.
Hold your finger down of the icon and a box will pop up
Deb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #398
Deb54
Deb54 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
to delete icons from your carousel, put your finger on the icon and hold there until a box pops ups. Pick an option.
Deb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #399
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb54 View Post
to delete icons from your carousel, put your finger on the icon and hold there until a box pops ups. Pick an option.
You can also delete icons by shooting them with nine rounds from a .45
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #400
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb54 View Post
Unfortunately, that only works with books and apps you've bought. I doesn't work for pre-installed apps. I bought OfficePro for my grandson's Fire and I can't delete Office (which came with the device) from the Carousel. Both versions show up. I do have the option to delete OfficePro, but that would defeat the purpose.

Also any books you've deleted from the Carousel will still show up in the books list. Guess I'll have to go online and delete that copy of Fanny Hill from my Amazon account.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #401
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Unfortunately, that only works with books and apps you've bought. I doesn't work for pre-installed apps. I bought OfficePro for my grandson's Fire and I can't delete Office (which came with the device) from the Carousel
Those built in apps can't be deleted from the device, but can be removed from the carousel just like anything else.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #402
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
You're right, of course. I don't know why I wrote that. I had just deleted Office from the carousel when I noticed it was still in the apps.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #403
beej231
Addict

Quote:
The KF refused to start up today (from sleep). I attempted to restart but never even got to the Kindle Fire logo. It was fully charged and the only new things on there were Go Launcher and Rotating Wallpaper. It took me a series of shutting down several times (even though it wouldn't start I would long hold the button) plugging it in and long holding the button, plugging it in and letting it rest for a while etc etc even thought it was fully charged. Finally it started up and I removed Rot. Wallpaper because I thought it might have been the culprit once before. THings went well until I went away and it fell asleep. Went to use it and the whole thing happened again. I removed Go Launcher. All has been well for 8 hours of sleeping, waking and accidentally shutting it off once. This is very similar to some of the posts I have read online. It's the boring gray bookshelves for me. I really can't seen to live without the thing.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #404
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Not good to hear this on another Fire User. Was hoping it was a fluke bug ut seems maybe not.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #405
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Folks - start posting your discoveries here so everyone will have a common place!
I'm new to the KF and I don't think the "manual" on the KF has much information. I'm working my way through this thread and trying each tip on my KF one by one. This is a great reference to have. I'm learning a lot. Thanks much.
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote