Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #361
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@BeccaPrice - your configuration looks ok, though note that you won't see any changes to your tags until you actually make a change to your list (when you configure it for the first time, existing items on the list won't get tagged). Try adding an item to that list.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #362
ac4lt
Connoisseur
ac4lt began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Changes in this release:
  • Offer option to display the reading order in a custom series column

@ac4lt - this should hopefully allow you to do what you want, populating a custom series column for a list. For anyone wanting to try it, add a custom column of type "series", then setup a configuration like the bottom part of the attached screenshot. If you do not specify a series name, it will use the name of your list.
Works great!!!! Thanks!!!!
ac4lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #363
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
@BeccaPrice - your configuration looks ok, though note that you won't see any changes to your tags until you actually make a change to your list (when you configure it for the first time, existing items on the list won't get tagged). Try adding an item to that list.
ok, when I add a new item to the list, it shows up - Thanks!. Is there any way I can make items that already exist on my list show up or do I have to remove them and start over again?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #364
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
ok... I restarted Calibre, and everything on list tbr showed up in the #readinglist column - but things on list tbr2 didn't show up, even though I've got the same rule for that reading list as I do for TBR2. I double-checked, and the missing books are indeed on list tbr2.

eta: never mind - I've figured it out. thanks!

eta2: i love it when these things work. I'm feeling immensely clever. now - if I can get the things on different reading lists to be colored differently, I'll be feeling so clever I won't be able to stand myself.

eta3: color coding worked. Gads, I love calibre!

Last edited by BeccaPrice; 01-28-2012 at 07:38 PM.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #365
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ac4lt - thx for the feedback, glad to hear it works for you.

@BeccaPrice - yes any addition of a custom column requires a calibre restart, not surprised things went quirky in the meantime. As for your second list, the same thing applies of you needing to add a book to that particular list and it should update all of the other books on that list too. This "kludge" of temporarily adding/removing a book to get the custom column populated is only needed in the scenario like you have of configuring the feature after you have already put books on the list.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:11 AM   #366
sengian
Zealot
sengian doesn't littersengian doesn't litter

Device: PRS-T1;PRS-650;PocketBook Touch Lux 2
Hello,

I am wondering if you could think about adding a sync with the unread collection for x650 as the Manage x50 booklist plugin is doing.
I prefer your plugin for list management and would love this option.
sengian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #367
kiwidude

@sengian - sorry I don't have a Sony device. So even if I did understand exactly what sort of integration might work best for that device I certainly would be unable to do any testing of it. Which makes it a complete non-starter for me.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:31 AM   #368
sengian
Zealot

Quote:
@sengian - sorry I don't have a Sony device. So even if I did understand exactly what sort of integration might work best for that device I certainly would be unable to do any testing of it. Which makes it a complete non-starter for me.
I will try to do it then at some point. Thank you nevertheless.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #369
kiwidude

@sengian - your other option is to post on kpw's thread and ask if he would consider an integration with the Reading List plugin. I don't know very much about his plugin, but from my very quick scan my understanding is that you can specify some books to appear on the home screen based on some "source". And if I understand correctly your reqmt is that you are wanting one of the reading lists to be the "source" of what books appear on that screen on your Sony?

There is an API exposed by this plugin that his plugin could use, to get the lists available, books on a list etc. This API is being used by the FanFictionDownLoader plugin already so there is precedent out there. To me it makes more sense to do it from his plugin, because he already has all the necessary code to set stuff on the Sony device - my guess is he just needs to know which books to use as the inputs which he can get from the API. The only downside I can see is that as a user you would still need to "trigger" his plugin after connecting/syncing the books, but that is hardly the end of the world I would have thought.

However he knows exactly what does and doesn't make sense best for his plugin so I could be talking rubbish . Post on his thread referencing back here if you like and see what he has to say...
Old 01-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #370
sengian
Zealot

I was planing to do it using the code from his plugin, I don't see the interest to discover the wheel again & again. Doing it from his app may be possible, but as I don't like it I would prefer to integrate it in yours. I basically plan to add to the list of sync options an option allowing a sync with unread list if the x650 ID is detected for the sync device. All the actual code for syncing will come from kpw plugin.

EDIT: I will of course talk about this with both of you when I will start this

Last edited by sengian; 01-29-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #371
nookeerookee
nookeerookee began at the beginning.

Device: nook
when i have my nook plugged in the reading list plugin disappears from main toolbar "(

help

ps..using latest vers calibre 839

Last edited by nookeerookee; 02-10-2012 at 02:35 PM.
nookeerookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #372
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookeerookee View Post
when i have my nook plugged in the reading list plugin disappears from main toolbar "(

help

ps..using latest vers calibre 839
There are 2 tool bars
If you want the PI to show on Both, you must configure Both of them.

Preferences: (change Behavior) Toolbar:
look at "... With Device connected"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #373
nookeerookee
nookeerookee began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
There are 2 tool bars
If you want the PI to show on Both, you must configure Both of them.

Preferences: (change Behavior) Toolbar:
look at "... With Device connected"

oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks!!

I'm used to a macintosh compooter/apple software. that's clearly designed for the "simple" folks lol
nookeerookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #374
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookeerookee View Post
I'm used to a macintosh compooter/apple software. that's clearly designed for the "simple" folks lol
When the MAC first came out, I told my boss "It is simple enough for a Manager to use"

He did not disagree
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #375
Kraftwerk
Zealot
Kraftwerk began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
I've had a search round this forum and using Google but can't find an answer.

What I want to happen when I connect my Kindle using 'Reading list' is for new books added to the 'Reading list' to be added to my kindle, and any books I deleted from my 'Reading list' to be removed from my kindle.

I am not too sure what 'sync option' to use when customising 'when syncing this list' which would make the above happen, each time I connect my Kindle.

Thanks
Kraftwerk is offline   Reply With Quote