Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
mallikav
mallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo touch
kobo not working...

i got a touch edition of kobo about 2 months back and it worked like a charm!!
but yesterday i plugged it into my PC and loaded some pdf files into..then i ejected the device but it still showed 'connected and charging' on the screen..its been 24 hours since i ejected it and its still stuck on 'connected and charging'!! i dont know what to do.. i even tried to restart it by inserting a pin in the small hole behind it but no use..is anyone else experiencing this too??
mallikav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I had the same problem, mine was caused by having a loose USB pin. When you plug the USB cord into your Kobo does it wiggle around (Don't force it, you'll know if it's loose)?

Try pluging it into your computer, does that unfreeze it? If not you'll have to have to do a hard reset (Everything on your Kobo will be deleted) to do that you slide and hold the power switch while pushing the home button, hold both for about ten seconds, the blue light on the top next to the power slider should start flashing like a strobe. That should unfreeze it.

If the USB port is wiggly you'll have to open a ticket with Kobo support to get it fixed under warrant. Mines in the mail going to have the warranty work done (hopefully they will replace it)

Last edited by The Terminator; 10-13-2011 at 01:28 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
I had the same issue on the weekend; one thing to add to Terminator's recommendation (as it's what got mine going) is prior to doing the home/power combo, hold the power button alone for 25-30 seconds first to make sure it's off, then do the combo.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
A person in the beta group had a similar sounding problem. Staff instructions were to hold the power button for 15 seconds. Hold the home button and keep it pressed while turning the device on. That is supposed to trigger a hard factory reset. it worked for the person having the difficulty (different than Terminator's hardware issue).
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Mine froze too.

The hardware problem caused it to not disconnect from the Computer smoothly.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #6
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
A person in the beta group had a similar sounding problem. Staff instructions were to hold the power button for 15 seconds. Hold the home button and keep it pressed while turning the device on. That is supposed to trigger a hard factory reset. it worked for the person having the difficulty (different than Terminator's hardware issue).
yup, the person was me
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #7
mallikav
mallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of lightmallikav is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
I had the same problem, mine was caused by having a loose USB pin. When you plug the USB cord into your Kobo does it wiggle around (Don't force it, you'll know if it's loose)?

Try pluging it into your computer, does that unfreeze it? If not you'll have to have to do a hard reset (Everything on your Kobo will be deleted) to do that you slide and hold the power switch while pushing the home button, hold both for about ten seconds, the blue light on the top next to the power slider should start flashing like a strobe. That should unfreeze it.

If the USB port is wiggly you'll have to open a ticket with Kobo support to get it fixed under warrant. Mines in the mail going to have the warranty work done (hopefully they will replace it)
no its not working..i tried doing the combo but there is no blue light flashing..should i first plug it in the pc and then try?? nothing seems to be working..
Old 10-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #8
mallikav

It worked it worked!! took a little time though but its unfrozen now thank you soo much
Old 10-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Glad you finally had success--good for you for keeping after it.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote