Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-24-2015, 12:33 PM   #39181
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, LG Volt, & an iPod Nano.
While brewing my last cup of coffee for the day I looked up and found myself being spied upon by a very colorful visitor. A hummingbird was peeping in on me through the kitchen window. How cool is that?

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 08-24-2015 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Swype.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:12 PM   #39182
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Listening to Bohemian Rhapsody, played on an amplified piano and the vocal parts are played on the carillon of the Domtower.

In summer they have a series of Monday evening concerts. This year they started with Abba and tonight is the last concert with Queen songs. For tonight people could vote to get their favourite songs played.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:46 PM   #39183
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
waiting for the city council meeting to start and I have had the sleepies for the last 2 hours *yawn*
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:44 AM   #39184
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm preparing to reorganize the area around my tv. I've got more HDMI things than HDMI ports, so I was constantly swapping cables. Yesterday I received the HDMI switch I had ordered. When I'm doing that I'll also be labelling all the plugs in the power strip.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:53 PM   #39185
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

Unpacking my suitcase from a trip to theme park The Efteling.

My sister and I stayed at the Efteling Hotel last night, a stay includes breakfast and tickets for the park for two full days. We had a great time. Yesterday was a bit too warm and muggy for me, but we did manage to go on the latest ride and, at the end of the day, see the fountain show Aquanura. Today the weather was a bit better, still warm but with a cooling breeze. It was also less busy and waiting times were very short.

The hotel was also great. We didn't have one of the themed rooms but the standard room was spacious, clean and had a typical Efteling design. We did, however, have a mouse in our room:

Spoiler:

I'm tired and somewhat bruised from the thrill rides. But we've already decided that we're going to book two days and one night next year.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:32 PM   #39186
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right now I'm fixing my second-ever batch of chicken & dumplings. The first wasn't so great. This one should be considerably better. Tip for aspiring cooks: garlic cloves and chicken & dumplings don't play well together.

The last time I made a culinary error of that magnitude was when I got the bright idea to put mustard on vanilla ice cream. It seemed logical at the time. Hey! Ice cream good, right? Mustard good, right? Then mustard and ice cream must be super-good, right? In my defense, I must have been around ten years old at the time I tried that experiment.

I believe I've told the ice cream and mustard story here before, but that's okay. Old folks are allowed to repeat themselves.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:56 PM   #39187
orlok
Working Up To It
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 7, Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I believe I've told the ice cream and mustard story here before, but that's okay. Old folks are allowed to repeat themselves.
Eh? Speak up! Can't hear you!
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:11 PM   #39188
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck

What? Could you repeat that?
Old 09-01-2015, 08:50 PM   #39189
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Azpen A727 tablet, Fujitsu Lifebook p2110 w/ FBReader
The Pack-Donkey’s Way And Man’s Way

Reading the Current Book In Progress - Le Corbusier's "The City of To-morrow and its planning"

Le Corbusier was the French architect who more or less created modern architecture and dragged the world kicking and screaming into the urban present. Passages like this demonstrate why:

MAN walks in a straight line because he has a goal and knows where he is going ; he has made up his mind to reach some particular place and he goes straight to it.

The pack-donkey meanders along, meditates a little in his scatter-brained and distracted fashion, he zigzags in order to avoid the larger stones, or to ease the climb, or to gain a little shade ; he takes the line of least resistance.

But man governs his feelings by his reason ; he keeps his feelings and his instincts in check, subordinating them to the aim he has in view. He rules the brute creation by his intelligence. His intelligence formulates laws which are the product of experience. His experience is born of work; man works in order that he may not perish. In order that production may be possible, a line of conduct is essential, the laws of experience must be obeyed. Man must consider the result in advance.

But the pack-donkey thinks of nothing at all, except what will save himself trouble.

The Pack-Donkey’s Way is responsible for the plan of every continental city ; including Paris, unfortunately.

______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM   #39190
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

Making a card for my cousin, who is set to give birth to her third child around the 10th of this month.

I'm making a shaker card with on or two cute animals holding some balloons which I will cut out and behind them I'll fill the window with the traditional anise sprinkles called "mice" we put on Dutch crispbread when a baby is born. I'll have to wait until the baby is born with finishing the card because we don't know if it's a boy (I'll use the blue and white sprinkles) or a girl (pink and white).
Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM   #39191
Cinisajoy
Addict
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I am debating on whether I want to cook dinner or reheat something.
Choices are chicken, chicken or beef enchiladas, or meatloaf.
Cinisajoy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?