Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2006, 09:08 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Backing Up Purchased Books

OK, maybe I am a bit paranoid, maybe not. Where are the documents stored on your hard disk when you purchase them? If I wanted to make a backup for safe keeping (which I do) where would I find them?

I know that I could just copy them to a removable memory stick and copy them back from there (theory) but IMHO there should be a simpler way to make a backup.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
My Documents > My Books > CONNECT Reader

Of course the Connect Store will allow you to redownload any of your purchased books should you lose them. I suppose the extra protection couldn't hurt though.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2006, 09:29 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thanks.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 04:03 PM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I wonder if there may also be an advantage to using the backup e-book files: They might be readable on a device even after it is removed from a particular account. Do you have to actually have a device present to remove it from an account?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:32 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
Do you have to actually have a device present to remove it from an account?
Yeah, you do (I played with this a bit, for reasons I won't bore anyone with). And I think the DRM on the file is locked to a particular account, so I don't think using backed up files would be a viable work-around, but that I haven't tried.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2006, 11:45 PM   #6
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
If you wany to remove a device without connecting it just call them up and say you lost if. if you add it again later and are questioned then its easy "you found it" though not sure why you would want to do this ?

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote