Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #91
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
I'd prefer to keep Kindle Menu only for exetensions stuff (not things that are installable through .bin), and to keep only one shortcut for the best app for each task... [...]
This is the first rule of software development: There are always users that have a different idea on what they want to do with your software than you do.

As you are starting KOreader with a shell script, you could check if KOreader exists, if it does start it else check if HackedUpReader exists and start it.
Code:
#!/bin/sh

if [ -f /mnt/us/koreader/koreader.sh ]; then
  sleep 12
  /mnt/us/koreader/koreader.sh /mnt/us/documents
  # wait the script to finish, i.e. until koreader closes
  wait
  # sleep a while until chrome bar is displayed again
  sleep 4
  /mnt/us/extensions/kindlemenu/bin/sh/batterylevel.sh
  /mnt/us/extensions/kindlemenu/bin/shortcut.sh
elif [ -f /mnt/us/hackedupreader/bin/cr3 ]; then
  /mnt/us/hackedupreader/bin/cr3
fi
I hope that works within Kindle Menu, I only tested the shell script.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #92
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladykayaker View Post
What do you mean by launch using the provided KUAL entries?
You haven't yet installed KUAL -
See my other answer to your backup question and the KUAL sticky.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #93
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Quote:
What do you mean by launch using the provided KUAL entries?
Do you have KUAL installed? If yes, open it, find the Kindle Menu entry and use it to launch the app or to enable the top-bar shortcut
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #94
soulafein
Enthusiast
soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
???

Click at the BOTTOM of the screen. what it lacks is you reading the instructions :P
Oooh. Shame on me :-( Thank you. But I earlier read the instructions and put my finger on the bottom of the screen and nothing happened.
Now magic works :-)
soulafein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #95
ladykayaker
Enthusiast
ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G | Nook Glowworm
Quote:
Do you have KUAL installed? If yes, open it, find the Kindle Menu entry and use it to launch the app or to enable the top-bar shortcut
Yes! Thank you, I *now* have KUAL installed.
I have the Kindle Menu and it is beautiful!
The top-bar shortcut doesn't seem to work - I presume this is a short cut on the top bar to take us to the Kindle Menu?
Is there something I am doing wrong, or haven't yet done, to get this top bar shortcut?
ladykayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #96
Aeris
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You must slide your finger down from the very top bar... is the same behaviour of android status menu!

Remember to Enable the shortcut before trying
Old 11-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #97
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Yes! Thank you, I *now* have KUAL installed.
I have the Kindle Menu and it is beautiful!
The top-bar shortcut doesn't seem to work - I presume this is a short cut on the top bar to take us to the Kindle Menu?
Is there something I am doing wrong, or haven't yet done, to get this top bar shortcut?
Like this. Either left or right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Swipe-graphic.png
Views:	423
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	115068  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #98
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Ah, so nice.
Much better than 18 months ago, when this was almost exclusively a "how-to de-brick my Kindle" forum.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #99
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
...when this was almost exclusively a "how-to de-brick my Kindle" forum.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #100
Aeris

Great images Twobob, thank you! Ps the last one should represent a up down arrow maybe
Old 11-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #101
Aeris

0.8 VERSION RELEASED!

Many new features in the 0.8 version!

I've made and bundled also a new app, KindleNote (I'll post it also seperatly later), and some new tools... enjoy!

Supported gestures:
- Swipe-right: bigger fonts
- Swipe-left: smaller fonts
- Double tap: default fonts

(the code is rude, I'll make it prettier when I've time xD)

I'd like also to make possible to choose between standard keyboard and matchboard one, but I don't know how to invoke matchbox for a custom dialog...
Also the ability of select test in custom dialogs is giving me big troubles, seems it has been disable from Amazon but don't know at which level...

P.S. Screenshot of Kindle Notes running on KT are welcome!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot_2013_11_13T00_01_55+0100.png
Views:	320
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	115091   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_11_13T00_02_19+0100.png
Views:	316
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	115092   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_11_13T00_02_01+0100.png
Views:	330
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	115093   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_11_13T00_01_51+0100.png
Views:	336
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	115094   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_11_13T00_01_46+0100.png
Views:	329
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	115095  

Last edited by Aeris; 11-12-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #102
ladykayaker
Enthusiast
ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Works like a charm! Thanks for this great menu!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #103
ladykayaker
Enthusiast

Quote:
You must slide your finger down from the very top bar... is the same behaviour of android status menu!
Oh!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #104
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Great images Twobob, thank you! Ps the last one should represent a up down arrow maybe
I've read the code, any exit direction should be okay. but down works best I guess.

Graphic updated as penance.

feel free to rip for your documentation...

perhaps a ? button and an eips -g help.png would be useful...

Just a thought...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Swipe-graphic-down.png
Views:	410
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	115108  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:06 AM   #105
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I've read the code, any exit direction should be okay. but down works best I guess.
AFAIR, you should swipe out of borders of whole DOM element. So, if movement events listener was added to outmost DOM element of status bar (I suppose, it's the case), only swipe down should work.

EDIT: oh, didn't notice you've read code. I didn't So I might be wrong, sorry.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons