Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
[Kobo] v5.7 for iOS is now available in the App Store

Kobo v5.7 for iOS is now available in the App Store

What's New
★ Support for iOS 6*
★ Added support for Portuguese
★ New progress indicator shows how far you are into the book
★ Tap-and-hold in the margins to quickly flip through the book
★ Access book-specific reading stats, including estimated time left to finish (iPad)
★ Added new fonts: Avenir (iOS 6), Cochin, Helvetica, Optima, and Palatino
★ Custom shelves are now synced to the cloud
★ Added a 'Finished' shelf that automatically tracks the books you've completed
★ Performance improvements & bug fixes
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Only added support for Portuguese? how about other language?
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
What other languages are you after

Others where added in the previous version (Portuguese is the new one in this version)
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Anyone else having issues with this update?

I had used the previous version to read an ePub and a PDF, loved it, no issues. These were via Dropbox.

Yesterday, I loaded about a dozen epubs via iTunes. Now I get a 'loading' message every time I go back to the app as it opens my current book, taking between 5 and 10 seconds.

I was seriously considering a Glo but this is now giving me second thoughts. I'm going to load the same books into the Nook app to see if I also have issues. I'm also going to finish the current book I'm reading, delete it,and see if the same problem continues.

Any other thoughts or ideas?
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have tried downloading it and i really no problem though i am quite skeptical with this app! hope this will be stress-free
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenyouth View Post
Only added support for Portuguese? how about other language?
The application (v5.7 or later) currently supports localization for:
English
French
German
Spanish
Italian
Dutch
Portuguese

Prior to v5.7, there was a separate, now discontinued "Kobo International" app that provided localized support. We decided to roll the localization into the primary Kobo application.

It is expected that as Kobo expands into other markets that additional localizations will appear.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #7
Sharkus
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
Anyone else having issues with this update?

I had used the previous version to read an ePub and a PDF, loved it, no issues. These were via Dropbox.

Yesterday, I loaded about a dozen epubs via iTunes. Now I get a 'loading' message every time I go back to the app as it opens my current book, taking between 5 and 10 seconds.

I was seriously considering a Glo but this is now giving me second thoughts. I'm going to load the same books into the Nook app to see if I also have issues. I'm also going to finish the current book I'm reading, delete it,and see if the same problem continues.

Any other thoughts or ideas?
I am looking into the timing situation with regards to chapter loading, and so we are going to try and figure out where any decrease in speed is, and if possible, address this to make it as seamless and quick as possible.

Last edited by Sharkus; 10-05-2012 at 11:06 AM.