Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Heads Up

Just a Heads Up. A new version of 'Tools' is available. Usual spot.

Be sure to read the notes along with it. It appears we may be coming to an end. While I like Amazon and find it easy to buy from them, if I can't 'free' my books, I will have to buy elsewhere.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is another thread on this subject.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143275

Carol
Advert
Old 07-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Does this mean I can now upgrade to the latest version of K4PC?
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Does this mean I can now upgrade to the latest version of K4PC?
I'm still on 1.4.1. I think they are reporting that 1.6 is working with the new tools.

I don't know what the upgrade brings, but 1.4.1 works fine for me.

Carol
Old 07-19-2011, 02:37 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I'm still on 1.4.1. I think they are reporting that 1.6 is working with the new tools.

I don't know what the upgrade brings, but 1.4.1 works fine for me.

Carol
1.6 is a significant upgrade: it brings collections to K4PC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonamunda View Post
does it mean that i upgrade my version?????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Also my question...
I'm using the latest version of the Tools (v4.5) with K4PC v1.6 with no problems. But it's always wise to keep the K4PC install file for the previous version in case you have a need to downgrade. There's no requirement to upgrade if you don't want to—in fact I have a machine that has K4PC 1.0-beta on it that is still going strong.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm using the latest version of the Tools (v4.5) with K4PC v1.6 with no problems. But it's always wise to keep the K4PC install file for the previous version in case you have a need to downgrade. There's no requirement to upgrade if you don't want to—in fact I have a machine that has K4PC 1.0-beta on it that is still going strong.
Just curious. If one had to downgrade would you just install over your current version or would you uninstall first?

Carol
Old 07-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Just curious. If one had to downgrade would you just install over your current version or would you uninstall first?

Carol
I uninstall first.

Note: any time you downgrade (or even re-register) and you have previously downloaded books already in your 'My Kindle Content' folder... those books will need to be deleted and re-downloaded from your archive before the Tools will work on them.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #9
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I uninstall first.

Note: any time you downgrade (or even re-register) and you have previously downloaded books already in your 'My Kindle Content' folder... those books will need to be deleted and re-downloaded from your archive before the Tools will work on them.
Thanks.

Carol