Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Best tablet for .cbr and .cbz

I am looking to get a nice, color tablet for my partner that will support (or has an app for) cbr and cbz files and also supports some format of e-book. I know alot of people will respond about renaming the file and uploading all the images, but that is really not what she is looking for. She just wants something that will support the images without having to tinker with the files alot. Pinch to zoom would also be a plus.

suggestions? thanks!
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I just left a comment to a post similar to yours, recommending Pocketbook IQ. I received it a few days ago, and have been happily reading cbr files on it via the ACV app. There's a Pocketbook forum here, so you might want to check this thread.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I appreciate the suggestion and wonder if there are anymore. Velocity Cruz or the like? I just want folks who have actually read CBZs without having to change the format and upload them as images.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Any Android tablet will be of use therefore, because you have Android Comic Viewer and other apps at your disposal which read .CBZ and .CBR files. Not to speak of scanslation repositories available through apps.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #5
sbaueraz
sbaueraz began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
If anyone's interested, I wrote an application that dynamically converts .cbr/.cbz files into HTML for viewing on any mobile device that has a web browser. It works great on my Nook Color.

Video demonstration
sbaueraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
What's your price range? Assuming you're looking to spend less than a Transformer, for example, your best bet is probably a rooted Nook color. I've personally used an Augen GenTouch78 (resistive-touch) and Viewsonic g-Tablet, and neither were ideal for comic book viewing. Resistive-touch is a real pain in the rear, can't pinch-zoom, makes panning difficult, etc. So I wouldn't recommend anything that has resistive touch (all of the $100 or less Chinese knock-off tablets). The g-tab has capacitive touch which is much nicer, but its screen is horrible. It's halfway decent in landscape mode, but in portrait mode it's extremely painful on the eyes. So I can't recommend that, either. You really do want an IPS panel.

Personally, I'm now using an HP Touchpad (yes, I know, blasphemy! And I'm not even planning on putting Android on it). If I didn't have that, I'd either look at rooting a Nook Color, or if I needed a larger screen an Acer Iconia or Asus Transformer.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cbr, cbz, tablet