Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #301
Demingy
Groupie
Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
My husband asked "What is the meaning of life" My echo replied 42, but the question is more complicated. My husband laughed-I didn't get it. It is from Hitchhiker of the Galaxy.
That is awesome! Now I really want one.
Demingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #302
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
The Echo app is now available at both Amazon Appstore for Android and iTunes (for iPhone and iPad).
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #303
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
The Echo app is now available at both Amazon Appstore for Android and iTunes (for iPhone and iPad).
So what. I still haven't gotten my invite.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #304
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
So what. I still haven't gotten my invite.
I haven't either
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:25 PM   #305
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I haven't either
I wonder if they sent any out at all this week. I don't think anybody posted about one.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #306
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
I now have an Echo courtesy of eBay, and I have no regrets; the limit of my patience for Amazon's random invitations seems to be 30 days.

I may have honkered my chances of ever getting the invitation now that I have one registered to my Amazon account, but I'm having too much fun with it to care.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #307
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
I now have an Echo courtesy of eBay, and I have no regrets; the limit of my patience for Amazon's random invitations seems to be 30 days.

I may have honkered my chances of ever getting the invitation now that I have one registered to my Amazon account, but I'm having too much fun with it to care.
Glad you're enjoying your Echo!

I requested an invitation 36 days ago. Not that I'm counting...

I'm still hopeful that Amazon will come through—eventually—but it's difficult to understand their marketing department's thinking on this one. Why not offer the option to preorder instead of leaving loyal customers hanging? I certainly can understand why people are buying Echo at eBay.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #308
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I wonder if they sent any out at all this week. I don't think anybody posted about one.
My life, as I know it, is over.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:19 PM   #309
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
iFixit has a nicely documented dissection of the ECHO:

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Amaz...Teardown/33953
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #310
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I sent an email to Amazon tonight requesting a chance to change the voice on the Echo someday. My elderly dad has high frequency hearing loss (Presbycusis) and although he can hear the Echo "speaking" he can't always make out what it's saying because the female voice is a bit too high. I want the option of "James Earl Jones", but I'll settle for a generic, but deep, male voice.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:02 AM   #311
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
I want the option of "James Earl Jones", but I'll settle for a generic, but deep, male voice.
...Darth Vader Echo?

You: "Darth"

Echo:

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #312
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek

Hee!

There are only 17 of them left on eBay right now, and nobody here or on the Amazon Kindle board has mentioned getting an invitation this week. I wonder if they ran out of their first production run, or if they're just waiting until after the holidays to start up again.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #313
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

A few people on the Amazon Echo forum are reporting that the "buy" button worked this morning, and they were able to purchase an Echo. Although they had requested one, those customers have not received an invite yet.

There is no buy button for me, but you may want to try (while signed in to your Amazon account): http://www.amazon.com/oc/echo. Good luck!

Last edited by DreamWriter; 12-19-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:32 AM   #314
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
No luck for me.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #315
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
A few people on the Amazon Echo forum are reporting that the "buy" button worked this morning, and they were able to purchase an Echo. Although they had requested one, those customers have not received an invite yet. There is no buy button for me, but you may want to try: http://www.amazon.com/oc/echo. Good luck!
When I'm logged in, I get a thank you for buying.

When I'm logged out, I get a request an invite.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote