Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
soup82
soup82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre won't start in WinXP

Calibre 0.7.18

Would not install. Would get to the end and then roll everything back. Terminated the install right when it started to roll back. Would not start, gave the following error message.

---------------------------
Error
Python function terminated unexpectedly

No module named metadata.meta (Error Code: 1)

OK

Ran debug and is said the same as above.

Any help?

Thanks,

Patrick
soup82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
uninsyall, delete c:\Program files\calibre and c:\Program files\calibre2

reinstall
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 01:25 AM   #3
soup82
soup82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
No uninstall settings, deleted all directories, did a deep search for all calibre files, deleted them, including prefetch, etc. Cleaned registry of all calibre references. Downloaded 0.7.19. Disconnected from internet, turned off firewall and antivirus.

Attempted to reinstall. Same problem. I see this problem is not just with my computer, but listed in other threads on this forum. Thank you for your time, I'll come back in a few months and hope it works better.

Patrick
soup82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:35 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup82 View Post
No uninstall settings, deleted all directories, did a deep search for all calibre files, deleted them, including prefetch, etc. Cleaned registry of all calibre references. Downloaded 0.7.19. Disconnected from internet, turned off firewall and antivirus.

Attempted to reinstall. Same problem. I see this problem is not just with my computer, but listed in other threads on this forum. Thank you for your time, I'll come back in a few months and hope it works better.

Patrick
Huh !

I've used Calibre on XP, XP Pro, Vista and now Win 7 ... you must be unlucky ! ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:17 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup82 View Post
I see this problem is not just with my computer, but listed in other threads on this forum. Thank you for your time, I'll come back in a few months and hope it works better.
This is a problem unique to your computer. "No module named metadata.meta (Error Code: 1)" is not a common problem listed elsewhere on this forum. There are a million plus users, a plurality that use Windows XP. Wait a few months or not, calibre most likely won't work until you troubleshoot your system to find out why this is happening.

Hopefully Kovid might have another idea why you have this problem.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 02:26 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
that error indicates two conflicting calibre installs, hence my advice about uninstalling deleting and re-installing.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote