Notices

Old 08-31-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
Stefx
Enthusiast
Stefx began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
PRS 505 v1.1.01.25200 vs joypad turn-page hack

Hi

On my new PRS-505, I would like to have the joypad (or enter key) available to turn pages.

From what I see (and have tried with the PRScustomizer) it doesn't work with the 1.1.01.25200 firmware.

Other than reverting back to a previous firmware (something I'd rather avoid) what are my options to enable the joypad/enter to turn pages.

Many thanks
Stefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
lcbannon
Enthusiast
lcbannon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I will be interested in this as well. I would really like the page turn, but not all that much else in the customizer is a big wow for me so I have not put old firmware on my new 505.
lcbannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
veysey
Enthusiast
veysey doesn't litterveysey doesn't litter

Device: Sony ?
Me too

I'll join my fellow new 505 owners ... I'm keen to know too!

The other question: exactly what is in the v1.1.01.25200, and why hasn't sony released that version on their update webpage?

Finally, I have read rumors that Sony might be releasing new 505 firmware soon. Does anyone know a credible source on that? In addition to a few MR posts, the salesperson in the SonyStyle store where I bought my 505 said that would be the case ... but I view him as dubious since he was trying to tell me that this new firmware would allow the 505 to read epub!

Cheers
veysey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefx View Post
Other than reverting back to a previous firmware (something I'd rather avoid) what are my options to enable the joypad/enter to turn pages.
Basically, use the Customiser/Universal Flasher to take a copy of the existing firmware (both as a basis for work and as a backup), unpack it, make changes to the relevant XML file(s) (compare with what the customiser does), then use/tweak the UF to build a new image & reflash your 505.

(We don't know what's changed in the point releases of the firmware, but nothing obvious, so while it's nice to have the latest firmware, in practice downgrading to an earlier 1.1 version has no discernible effect...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote