Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
ebohatch
ebohatch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
won't sleep

I got my wife the Fire for Christmas. I installed nook for Android on it.
Plus I have loaded mobi files converted by Calibre (some were epub files others were .lit).
We have noticed that when reading the books via the Nook app or when readin the mobi converted files the unit won't sleep and just eats up the battery.
In either case we need to get out of the book to the home page. Then it will sleep.
When reading a downloaded book from Amazon it always goes to sleep when set down.

Can anyone help correct this?
ebohatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
The problem is the permissions:

Quote:
PREVENT TABLET FROM SLEEPING PREVENT PHONE FROM SLEEPING
Allows the app to prevent the tablet from going to sleep. Allows the app to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
But then it too overrides the system settings unlike the Kindle app:

Quote:
MODIFY GLOBAL SYSTEM SETTINGS
Allows the app to modify the system's settings data. Malicious apps may corrupt your system's configuration.
That right there could be the issue. I don't think you can do anything about it sadly.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
ebohatch
ebohatch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
That may explain why the Nook App won't allow it to sleep but why won't it sleep when I am reading a book, from the Kindle book library, that I converted to MOBI from an epub (using Calibre).
ebohatch is offline   Reply With Quote