Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
frankola
frankola began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox ereader
Smile web page not available when trying to install apps

I seem to get "web page not available" about 60% of the time but i can surf without a problem. I have kobo vox does anyone have an idea?
frankola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
You get "web page not available" about 60% of the time but it's not a problem?
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #3
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
I just need to clarify with you, your getting the page can't be found when trying to install apps or at other times as well? If it's just when attempting to install apps via a link online to download the app itself you could be being referred to the official android market which Vox can't use. (not without rooting or some such thing, I'm not very technologically gifted, sorry!)

If it's when you click on the app download link you could be being sent to the Google android market hence the cannot find page message. This has happened when I've clicked the download this app link in the Vox browser only to be referred to the market, hence cannot find page/app message.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
frankola
frankola began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox ereader
sorry i wasn't very clear. i was hopped up on NyQuil as i have a cold.

what i meant was that i have issues downloading/installing apps ... but i have not problem surfing to web sites.

any help would be appreciated
frankola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #5
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Yes but is the issue as lioslaith said, that you are trying to follow links that lead to android market which will not work on the vox unless you take special steps?
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #6
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Frankola,

Your problem is that the links you are clicking on are trying to take you to the Google Android Marketplace, which doesn't not work on the Vox unless you root and install stuff. You should go directly to the various other android marketplaces, mentioned in other forum messages or google for the particular .apk you are looking for.

Keith
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarscadden View Post
Frankola,

Your problem is that the links you are clicking on are trying to take you to the Google Android Marketplace, which doesn't not work on the Vox unless you root and install stuff. You should go directly to the various other android marketplaces, mentioned in other forum messages or google for the particular .apk you are looking for.

Keith
I have this problem when I go to Appbrain, I click on install and it takes me to the unavailable site. Unfortunately I cannot find the app I want any where else.
(sob)
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #8
msxman
Enthusiast
msxman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox, kindle 2
Appbrain links tothe android market to dload. If you have an android smartphone you could probably get it on there then copy it to your vox? Otherwise, you just have to keep googling 'til you find a place that doesn't need the market, sadly.
msxman is offline   Reply With Quote