Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Refurbished Kindle $329 and In Stock Again

As those who have tried to order a Kindle (Amazon's Wireless Reading Device) lately are aware, the backorder time is now up to approximately 3 months for a new Kindle. Used Kindles are being sold for roughly two times retail ($700-$850) at Amazon and on Ebay. But, there is still a way to get a "new" Kindle for Christmas and it costs LESS than $359. Amazon is selling their refurbished Kindles for $329. They are currently in stock and you can easily have one in had next week, giving you plenty of time to test it out and load it up with free books before Christmas arrives.

RefurbKindle

Last edited by koland; 01-10-2011 at 12:44 AM. Reason: update title
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
There's only one at that price. The rest are $359 to $849. It's crazy I tell ya!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I'm not sure that there is only one - the refurb option is only there when they have one or more in stock (and they probably limit you to one when purchasing). Since it is from amazon, I don't think the number of "offers" corresponds to the number of units (I suspect a bunch were refused on delivery when the $50 Oprah coupon hit, as that is what customer support told people to do with them: in order to get the coupon price, they had to place a second order.

Then again, if there is only one left, the first person there gets it!
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Thanks for the head's up!! I just bought it.

This will make my 3rd Kindle, and that should be enough for the present.

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Koland, it looks like you're right. If Ricky just bought one, my browser still shows 1 available after a screen refresh. I guess they don't want to advertise how many they have to sell.

Thanks for the heads up!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #6
Will_S
Will_S began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you so much!

I was getting this as a Christmas present for my uncle but I wasn't getting it until March. I canceled the new kindle order and ordered a refurbished one. Great find!
Will_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I almost got one to sell on Ebay. Then I decided to do the right thing, and created a listing that points to the Amazon page.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #8
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
seems high priced for a refurb, I'd wait for the new one to come in, but people do get desperate around Christmas
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Your third? Either you're very clumsy, or you'd better be giving those others to somebody deserving!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Your third? Either you're very clumsy, or you'd better be giving those others to somebody deserving!
I am mostly loaning them to friends who want to try out a Kindle, but don't want to purchase one just yet. My second was on loan to a good friend, but she's in the hospital right now, so it's home with me for the moment getting loaded up with free books I think she might enjoy when she gets well and comes home. If her family decides to get her a Kindle for Christmas, it will come back to me .... if not, then it stays with her a bit longer (because she really loves the thing).
Old 11-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
seems high priced for a refurb, I'd wait for the new one to come in, but people do get desperate around Christmas
I figure, it comes with the same return and warranty as a new phone, and since it's a refurb by the factory, it's going to be a damn good one.

So .... it's a win/win. Further, I am in no way "desperate" to get a Kindle. I have enough of them and don't mind the wait at all. However, this is a good price and I'm getting it because I can make good use of it.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #12
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
i bought one with almost every intention of reselling it to make a few bucks. unless my girlfriend wants it. but im sure she would rather have something else.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #13
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I almost got one to sell on Ebay. Then I decided to do the right thing, and created a listing that points to the Amazon page.
There's nothing wrong with people selling them on eBay. How else are us non-US residents to get a Kindle? Pity there is such heavy demand driving eBay prices up because if they were a bit cheaper I would buy one. But for now I'm going to hold off and hopefully if the Kindle 2 is released in 2009 it will either be available in Australia (unlikely) or lower the prices of 1st gen Kindles.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:45 PM   #14
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Quote:
Steve Jordan

Quote:
RickyMaveety

I am mostly loaning them to friends who want to try out a Kindle, but don't want to purchase one just yet.
And one does need reserves for all the Kindles lost to cat pee.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #15
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
"....the backorder time is now up to approximately 3 months for a new Kindle."

What?? Are you serious? That is incomprehensible.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle