Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Order Status

Anyone get an order confirmation or shipping information yet? I pulled the trigger and ordered one, but it's still showing as pending credit card verification. I've never had an issue with that so I'm guessing they're just not completely processing orders yet.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
When did you order it? I ordered Monday, and very early Tuesday it said:

09/23/2008 Preparing for dispatch

I'd appreciate if someone who has bought from Irex before would tell me what that means, and how long it says that before the device actually ships.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Shipping will start on the 29th.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was hoping they would consider my purchase to be a review sample, and ship it early. Oh, well.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #5
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

I ordered on Monday as well. I guess I'll need to followup and figure out what is going on with it.
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 11:15 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I think the difference might be that I used Paypal and you used a credit card. I don't think it's possible to have a pending Paypal transaction in quite the same way as a credit card.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:34 AM   #7
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

That makes sense. It could be it shows pending since I don't believe they actually charge the card until it ships. I must admit, after reading the faq, I'm getting rather excited to get this thing in my hands.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #8
dobbyone
dobbyone began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, HTC Tytn II, DR1000S
I ordered mine on the 23rd with a credit card. The status is still Preparing for dispatch.
Congrats to the early adopters :>

Last edited by dobbyone; 09-29-2008 at 01:43 PM.
dobbyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #9
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

Mine was showing as pending approval until today despite the fact that my card was charged. It switched to payment received to preparing for dispatch today. Hopefully we'll be seeing them ship in the next day.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #10
Kakyou
Kakyou began at the beginning.

Device: Many
Well, the story is an old one, and I, like a total chump am in the middle of it again.

In spite of many option available for online stores out there, iRex still seems to insist upon using the one they designed back for the iLiad (consisting of software written by the nephew of the president of iRex for his 6th grade science fair project, a 85 year old half-blind, half lame warehouse worker, and a billing system known as Vinnie who part times as a bouncer on weekends).

They still charge your credit card first. Unlike most billing companies that place the charge on the card to confirm credit, then verify the order and ship (usually a process that takes less than a day), iRex seems to wait until the actual funds are available for use before they will confirm and ship. This adds up to a week to the process and only makes sense if you don't have enough cash to pay for shipping without cashing in.

Continuing on the iRex tradition of over promising and then changing the conditions after the fact, Several days after they started accepting payments (and charging cards), they added a shipping estimate to the product page of 1 to 2 weeks (unheard of in the modern world of ecommerce). Then several posts were placed on message boards by Karel and others indicating an initial shipment run would go out on the 29th. I have yet to hear of anyone getting a shipment confirmation yet, let alone receive the actual product. (My order was placed hours after the website went live and I am still waiting in "preparing for dispatch " along with everyone else).

Remember when the iLiads were stick in some shipping problem in the Phillipines? When are we going to hear that the DR's are all in a Ukrainian cargo ship off the shore of Somalia getting bombed by US warships?

It is so sad that while this company has the technical knowledge to bring truly unique products that can revolutionize the market, they insist on screwing it all up with horrible, cringe inducing marking foul-ups, outdated and incompetent ecommerce and order fulfillment, and inadequate customer service.

I can only hope that a much better company can buy up the stronger technical talents and patents and use them when this bunch inevitably fail.
Kakyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:17 AM   #11
Morffius
Enthusiast
Morffius began at the beginning.

Device: IPhone / Paper
On top of all that, does any else find it fishy that there are no other videos of the device online yet? Arn't we early adopters normally eager to post unboxing / interface vids ASAP?
Morffius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:50 AM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Kakyou, the shipping delay info was on the product details page on Monday. The problem is that one does not have to see the product details page to buy the DR1000S. I clicked on a link on the previous page. The shipping delay info was not added until Tuesday.

Moffius, there are no videos yet because the only people who have a DR1000S are the distributors. None have been shipped to customers yet.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:30 AM   #13
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Where to order

If I am in the USA do you think it is better to order direct from IREX or to order from the US distributor at www.ereaderoutfitters.com/
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:20 AM   #14
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
If I am in the USA do you think it is better to order direct from IREX or to order from the US distributor at www.ereaderoutfitters.com/
I'd order from eReaderoutfitters.. they're more likely to give you a fair delivery estimate
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:57 AM   #15
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
What begins to concern me: Tribble posted last time on 24-9 that he would post a video review of the Digital Reader. Since then... silence.

Maybe holidays, maybe a lot of work, but the more and more I think there is a problem and nobody is talking about...

Hopefully Im wrong.

Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote