Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
Anenu
Anenu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anenu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anenu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anenu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anenu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anenu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anenu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anenu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anenu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anenu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anenu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone
Books to Iphone

I have a bunch of .lit books on my computer that I want to transfer to my Iphone. I have both calibre on my computer and stanza on my Iphone, however the instructions given by stanza to get books from my computer apply to either an outdated ITunes or to mac ITunes as I cannot do it in the way they suggest, if anyone understands how to get books from a windows 7 into my Iphone that would be greatly appreciated as it has been a great deal of trouble for me.
Anenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:09 AM   #2
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb

Hi Anenu,

The solution to your worries is very easy.

First, forget about iTunes. iTunes is just no longer necessary for anything to do with your iPhone or iPad in 2013.

You simply convert your LIT files into EPUB files in Calibre. That only takes a few seconds per book.

Then, you can just email the EPUB files to yourself, and open them from the email attachment in Stanza or any other e-reader on the iPhone.

Or, my favourite way: just put those new EPUB files into Dropbox. Then, open the Dropbox app on your iPhone, and there they are! You can easily load any or all books into any e-reader on the iPhone, including Stanza.

Note that Stanza is dead, partly dysfunctional in iOS 6, and hasn't been developed for years. Stanza now has its successor on the iPad, called Marvin, www.marvinapp.com, but it will take a few more months before Marvin for iPhone arrives. In the meantime, I'm still using the (partly dysfunctional) Stanza in iOS 6, and in terms of nice rendering of texts, I also like the Chinese app Apabi Reader.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 02:01 AM   #3
sceadugenga
Connoisseur
sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Dropbox and email works fine for smaller files like epub up to 2-3 mb but it's hard work for large illustrated books.
sceadugenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:47 AM   #4
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
I regularly use Dropbox to transfer PDF files of 10-15 MB to my iPhone and iPad without any problems. Illustrated EPUB files won't be any problem, either.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #5
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Using e-mail of dropbox will work, but iTunes may be the most practical solution if you want to transfer a lot of books at the same time. Anyway, here is a quick tutorial posted on this forum so you can try it and decide for yourself.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204265
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2013, 04:03 AM   #6
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Me too, I always use Dropbox
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote