Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #151
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@nyn - Personally I don't mind ongoing suggestions or issues with Plugin Updater being added to this thread, it would certainly give me more visibility than the Calibre bugs list which I don't monitor.

And you are quite right, somewhere with all the tweaks between me and Kovid this week the icon updating got broken. You can see it working in the screenshot I posted above! There were a number of changes made since then and it must have slipped through the cracks. I will take a look and make sure it is fixed for next week's release.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #152
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@nyn - Personally I don't mind ongoing suggestions or issues with Plugin Updater being added to this thread, it would certainly give me more visibility than the Calibre bugs list which I don't monitor.

And you are quite right, somewhere with all the tweaks between me and Kovid this week the icon updating got broken. You can see it working in the screenshot I posted above! There were a number of changes made since then and it must have slipped through the cracks. I will take a look and make sure it is fixed for next week's release.
Oh! This means I can put the icon, back? I assumed we weren't supposed to use it anymore since the functionality is now integrated.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #153
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Absolutely you can have the icon for Plugin Updater on your toolbar for the built-in plugin - that is what that screenshot shows (repeated here).

The only thng you can't do is install the plugin from the zip file on this thread. Calibre will give you an error message if you try.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UpdateNotifications.png
Views:	503
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	73004  
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #154
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Nice! Thank you, again, Kiwidude for all of your great work!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #155
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Thank you so much, the first thing I do when opening Calibre is to look at the plugin updater to see if there are any plugins I need to update. And I only look at the bottom at the end of the week when I know it is time to go looking for a update to Calibre.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 02:18 AM   #156
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I just installed the Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List plugin and chose to have it in the toolbar when the device is connected. Before I left this screen, I realized that I wanted it in the main toolbar so instead of going to the Toolbar Preferences I just uninstalled and then installed again. I expected to have the choice of what toolbar popup again but it didn't. I then went to the Toolbar Preferences and the Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List plugin is not available to add to the toolbar.

How do I get it on the toolbar now? I restarted Calibre, but it still was not available to add to the toolbar.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:23 AM   #157
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In toolbar preferences at the top right is a dropdown, select "the main toolbar when a device is connected" and you should see the plugin
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:25 AM   #158
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did, and it's not there.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:30 AM   #159
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I just uninstalled and reinstalled again when my device was connected, and got the popup for what toolbar to install it to this time. The main toolbar wasn't a choice though. But at least I have it now.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #160
kpw
Connoisseur
kpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Galaxy Note 8, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I just uninstalled and reinstalled again when my device was connected, and got the popup for what toolbar to install it to this time. The main toolbar wasn't a choice though. But at least I have it now.
This plugin (i.e. Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List) works with books on the Sony device and not with books in the Calibre library. So, unless you've got your device connected, it won't have anything to work against. Therefore, I set up the plugin to only allow the action to be added to the device toolbar and not to allow adding it to the main toolbar. That's why you're seeing the behaviour you describe.
kpw is offline   Reply With Quote