Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
KenJackson
Addict
KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Sony PRS-650
Wine bug fixed for "Kindle for PC"

The wine project announced that bug 20656 is fixed (Kindle for PC displays no text in the login screen at first run).

The latest wine development release, v1.3.8, incorporates this fix.

Wine is a Windows-compatibility software layer that allows Linux users to run some Windows software.
I don't have a Kindle or run it's software, but I saw this and thought I'd pass this on.
KenJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
That's definitely a good sign, but frankly, newer versions of K4PC still won't run under Wine... period. You can't even get to that particular login screen mentioned in the bug. So Linux users are still limited to using the original (and getting harder to find) beta version of K4PC.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle for pc, linux, wine