Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
andyotter
andyotter began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300,PRS-600
"fsk error code=-43" from PRS-300

Hi I recently got this error when I plugged my 300 and auto-launched Library.
Searching around in the forums I found this for a 505:
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Usually that means that there is too less space left on the internal memory or sd-card or memory stick. It could also mean that the filesystem is corrupt.
Now my 300 has nigh 400mb free so maybe it's a corrupt filesystem.
A few questions if anyone's able to throw any light on them:
  • Do I need to do a hard reset? Will it help?
  • -are there any dangers to this?
  • Noticed this problem after I used Calibre to delete a book within the 300. Anybody else experienced this?
I ask these questions partly cos,while the clunky Sony Library app won't play nice with the 300, Calibre works just fine with it. hence, if hard-restting is likely to cause me grief, I rather just continue with Calibre.

P.S. Anyone know any way of preventing Sony Library app from auto-launching?
andyotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
georget99
georget99 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
How can you display free memory? I just got the reader a few days ago and haven't stumbled into that yet.
georget99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
@georget99 - you can see it in Calibre....

@andyotter - If you do not plan to buy books from the Sony store, then I would just delete the buggy Sony software and use Calibre. I have never installed the Sony software on my computer, there is just no need to unless you feel the need to buy books from Sony. Kobo and tons of other sites sell books that work on your Sony (ePub) and their prices and just about always lower.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Reader Library is not buggy. It works on three different Windows 7 systems here.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
andyotter
andyotter began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300,PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
@georget99 - you can see it in Calibre....

@andyotter - If you do not plan to buy books from the Sony store, then I would just delete the buggy Sony software and use Calibre. I have never installed the Sony software on my computer, there is just no need to unless you feel the need to buy books from Sony. Kobo and tons of other sites sell books that work on your Sony (ePub) and their prices and just about always lower.
Thanks for this Bremen: I may well get rid of the Library app; I used it to start with and for the v. few things I've bought (ADE on a Mac doesn't recognise the Reader so it gets convoluted) - but now I've got used to tweaking free stuff with Calibre I'm just building 2 difft libraries on my mac...
andyotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:07 AM   #6
rschlack
rschlack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader pocket edition
I was able to fix the error -43 on my Sony

I received the error -43 on my PRS-300 last night. I figured out how to fix it with my Macbook. I noticed the problem happened after I pulled the usb connection without waiting for a proper eject.

To make a long story short, the fix was to plug it back in and bring up the disk utilities. I chose the Sony disk (flash drive) and clicked "Repair Disk". After that the error -43 issue went away.

I believe OSX leaves some garbage behind when you do not eject properly. I tried to remove those hidden files by hand from a terminal window but some of them couldn't be deleted. The repair disk utility saved the day.
rschlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-300, trouble