Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
jblacket
jblacket began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
manage books on calibure

Hi can anybody recomend an easy way to mark books which you have read in my calibure library
many thanks
jblacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You could create a custom column for marking books read or just all a "read" tag to the books' tags.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You could create a custom column for marking books read or just all a "read" tag to the books' tags.
Adding to AnemicOak's suggestions - "when you have read a book you can select it in the book list and drag it over to the entry in the Tag browser".

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I realised over the weekend that I was using three methods.

I started with a "Yes/No" column called "Read". I set it to yes when I finished a book.

Then I added the Reading List plugin. I created "To Read", "Reading" and "Read" lists. I move books between the lists. They also set a custom column with the status. I have a few other lists for other status such as "Cleaning" for books I am reading that have a lot of errors in them.

Now, I also retrieve the reading status from the Kobo Glo. This includes a "Percent read". If the device shows the book as finished, it is set to 100%. I have an icon rule that shows a green tick instead of the number when it is 100%

I need to get rid of at least on of these. And maybe automate the movement through the lists.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:26 AM   #5
jblacket
jblacket began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I realised over the weekend that I was using three methods.

I started with a "Yes/No" column called "Read". I set it to yes when I finished a book.

Then I added the Reading List plugin. I created "To Read", "Reading" and "Read" lists. I move books between the lists. They also set a custom column with the status. I have a few other lists for other status such as "Cleaning" for books I am reading that have a lot of errors in them.

Now, I also retrieve the reading status from the Kobo Glo. This includes a "Percent read". If the device shows the book as finished, it is set to 100%. I have an icon rule that shows a green tick instead of the number when it is 100%

I need to get rid of at least on of these. And maybe automate the movement through the lists.
thanks Davidfor
I have downloaded the plugin which appears to do what i want.
However i can not find how to ceaate a column showing which books are in the reading list can you advice please.
jblacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2013, 06:09 AM   #6
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblacket View Post
thanks Davidfor
I have downloaded the plugin which appears to do what i want.
However i can not find how to ceaate a column showing which books are in the reading list can you advice please.
See my answer to your post here.

MiniMouse
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #7
streetfox
streetfox began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Sony Ereader, Kindle
I use two columns, which helps me nicely track where I am

[SQ3R] with Entries: Empty, S, SQ, SQR, SQRR, SQRRR to track depth of reading (plus side of this, it looks like a progress bar incrementing with each character.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQ3R

[Page] with Number where I were last.
streetfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #8
Bompa65
Connoisseur
Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Vox
I created a new Library called "Books Read".
When I have finished a book I transfer it from "Calibre Library" to "Books Read" and delete from my main library.
Bompa65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:43 AM   #9
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

Resurrecting old thread... but I need to know this.

I have just set a column yes/no called Read... but I'm darned if I can work out just HOW you set it to yes, once read!! Thick as two short planks here... why on earth is there no simple right-click-mark-read option. I love calibre but this has defeated me completely, for years.

[edit] found the following in another thread
Quote:
To use the custom column:
Highlight a line for a book you’ve read
Single-click the “Read” column on the highlighted line
Click the small drop-down arrow
Double-click the green checkmark “Y”
But I am not getting any dropdowns. The column title goes to Italic and the book remains highlighted... I'm at a loss

Last edited by kyteflyer; 03-15-2014 at 12:51 AM. Reason: additional info
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:10 AM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@kyteflyer - not sure how to do with mouse, but here's the keyboard way

see first item - http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui....oard-shortcuts

In Windows & Linux (I think) - on the Read column cell for a book press F2, Y and Enter

In OS/X - on the Read column cell for a book press Enter, Y and Enter

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-15-2014 at 01:14 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:48 AM   #11
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@kyteflyer - not sure how to do with mouse, but here's the keyboard way

see first item - http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui....oard-shortcuts

In OS/X - on the Read column cell for a book press Enter, Y and Enter

BR
Thank you thank you thank you! All is working now.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote