Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #391
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
I went and bought a black Sony case - my white T1 looks very smart in it, and the case is really nice and slim.

The only thing about it that I'd like is for it to have a closing mechanism, like a Moleskin-type piece of elastic. There's actually space in the rear case to glue a piece of elastic on, but I'm not rushing...
Did you see post #378 above? If you can't find the 'hairbands', a simple 6" (15cm) flat elastic band (in acceptable colour) will function nicely. No glue required. Just trap half of the band between the back of the reader and the Sony case's plastic box. The 'free' half of the elastic can then be pulled to the front (to close) or back whilst reading.

I see you're in the UK. Rymans sell a (far too big) bag of 150mm x 3mm bands in various colours. Of course, if you're looking for a 'trendy executive' solution, maybe not

Last edited by jackie_w; 04-02-2012 at 09:55 AM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #392
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Did you see post #378 above? If you can't find the 'hairbands', a simple 6" (15cm) flat elastic band (in acceptable colour) will function nicely. No glue required. Just trap half of the band between the back of the reader and the Sony case's plastic box. The 'free' half of the elastic can then be pulled to the front (to close) or back whilst reading.

I see you're in the UK. Rymans sell a (far too big) bag of 150mm x 3mm bands in various colours. Of course, if you're looking for a 'trendy executive' solution, maybe not
I hadn't thought about it going all the way between the reader and the back case. It'll be a tight fit, but it might work - good idea!
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #393
Bear100
Bear100 doesn't litterBear100 doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I have a zipper pouch that I keep the Sony in. I want the silicone skin to help my hold when I am reading. The glare of the frame only bothers me when I am using a reading light at night. So the silicone should help with that, too.
That is exactly what I do, when I travel. The silicone case is nice for me as it solves the glossy problem, is in expensive, easy to hold, offers basic protection when at home. My clothing lint brush takes care of the lint.

I tried the cover. For me the extra thickness was a minor negative, the protection a positive. But the part I did not like was what to do with the extra side (opposite the reader), folding it back added even more thickness and made it harder for me to hold.

I guess it comes out to a personal taste and use.
Bear100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #394
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I see Gecko are releasing a genuine leather cover shortly. Retail is around 35 euros.

They look nice.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #395
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
A sneak preview:

They will be €32,95 and introduced in the week of 16 - 20 April.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sonyprs_t1_leer-44.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	455.4 KB
ID:	84907  
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #396
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
That Gecko leather cover looks really nice in the pictures I've seen of it. I've got one of the original Gecko's designed for the T1, and it is soft and functional, but..... I'm practically drooling over the leather one.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #397
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Same here. I have the original corner fasten style and it really is a nice cover.

The only issue is the piano black bezel of the T1, it really is beginning to bug me and the Luxe style covers cover that up. So all looks good.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:08 AM   #398
gari189
Connoisseur
gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Elonex 621eb, PRS-T1, HP Touchpad
Anyone bought the Skin Digital cover for the T1 ?

Think its only been recently launched - when I last looked on their website a couple of months ago they weren't doing one for the T1 and now they are (they also sell them on Ebay)
gari189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #399
digidon
digidon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hi, joined up yesterday, I have had a PRS 300 but recently got a t1, super annoyed it didn't come with a slip cover as I prefer them.

I ordered up the silicone skin/eva combo pack off ebay after reading a few posts here and elsewhere but noticed someone else already had my idea of a duct tape one:

I used part of an old blood pressure cuff for the liner, the one that came in the box would have been much easier, silly me.

Anyway great site!

Last edited by digidon; 04-12-2012 at 03:44 PM.
digidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #400
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
A very nice job; it looks almost professional - way too fancy for duct tape!

I go for cheap&dirty every time, especially cheap.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #401
digidon
digidon began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
A very nice job; it looks almost professional - way too fancy for duct tape!

I go for cheap&dirty every time, especially cheap.
Thanks, honestly it turned out about 200x better than I was expecting it too, mess up enough times and you are bound to do it right the first time at least once in a while

I ordered the silicone skin because I just can't convince my brain that the T1 is good until it is thicker and weighs more ha. I also wanted a spare cable (why is there yet another usb cable?) and charger and the seller on ebay had both plus a light, car charger and the EVA case for only 15 bucks more than the skin itself (amazon $5 skin was 12 to ship to Canada).

I just added the flap on the duct tape case and now I like it so much I wish I never ordered the "real" cases.
digidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #402
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I made place for stylus from duct tape to my BookArmor. Now I think of it, it's bit overly complex one, but does its job ;D
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #403
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
For those interested: As of last friday, the real leather covers in the colours black and dark red are available in our webshop. We hope to introduce the brown cover this week.

Gecko Team.
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:11 AM   #404
yukii
yukii began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs-T1
Maybe someone can help if this case for a kindle touch will fit the sony t1

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	422783_347052305339933_100001055002172_1053315_1156767813_n.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	85659  
yukii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #405
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukii View Post
Maybe someone can help if this case for a kindle touch will fit the sony t1

Thanks
Ooh, snazzy!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote