Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Who helped initiate you?

I was going to say "devirginated" you, but twas afraid Iʻd get some really random and intimate stories, and frankly, Iʻm just not in the mood for those today.

So I mentioned in this thread that curly was really around to help me out in my initiation into the whole psock debacle (and this was where I started making friends... people feeling sorry for my horrid paint program skills). Who was around for you? And is he/she/it still around? And, if not, what the heck did you do to her/him/it?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I was going to say "devirginated" you, but twas afraid Iʻd get some really random and intimate stories, and frankly, Iʻm just not in the mood for those today.

So I mentioned in this thread that curly was really around to help me out in my initiation into the whole psock debacle (and this was where I started making friends... people feeling sorry for my horrid paint program skills). Who was around for you? And is he/she/it still around? And, if not, what the heck did you do to her/him/it?
I was fifteen, in a graveyard with a girl who was nicknamed after a can of soft drink and I'd missed the last bus home....oh wait Now I see what you mean.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I was fifteen, in a graveyard with a girl who was nicknamed after a can of soft drink and I'd missed the last bus home....oh wait Now I see what you mean.
and *that* was exactly what Iʻd hope to avoid.... *shaking head*

A graveyard? Now, really! With a girl named Coke? Pepsi? Tab? Orange Crush? Sprite?
Old 03-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
and *that* was exactly what Iʻd hope to avoid.... *shaking head*

A graveyard? Now, really! With a girl named Coke? Pepsi? Tab? Orange Crush? Sprite?
7UP and I really don't want to recall how she got that name *shivers*
Old 03-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
7UP and I really don't want to recall how she got that name *shivers*

Whoa! Ok, taking a step back now....

<--wondering how you ended up with good oleʻ 7up in the graveyard after the last bus... wait, no, scratch that, *really* donʻt want to know...

yeah, I do.
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Whoa! Ok, taking a step back now....

<--wondering how you ended up with good oleʻ 7up in the graveyard after the last bus... wait, no, scratch that, *really* donʻt want to know...

yeah, I do.

I was fifteen, cider was cheap, graveyards were good places to hang out and not get nicked by coppers. We were two drunken ships in the night, well, maybe one tug and a speedboat It was over before it began and it left me dazed, confused and wishing that I'd caught that last bus home. Ahh, the horrible, horrible memories of youth.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #7
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
I was fifteen, cider was cheap, graveyards were good places to hang out and not get nicked by coppers. We were two drunken ships in the night, well, maybe one tug and a speedboat It was over before it began and it left me dazed, confused and wishing that I'd caught that last bus home. Ahh, the horrible, horrible memories of youth.
Ah, the wisdom that comes with age.... my "first" story is not nearly as exciting. It doesnʻt involve dead people, graves, or any sort of soft drink. It did, however, involve a futon and a few orders of popcorn chicken. The popcorn chicken came after the fact, though, so itʻs not nearly as interesting as it sounds.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #8
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
As for MR, I just stuck my nose in a copyright debate, involving Trenian and Steve Jordan.

As for the other, one of the requirements of being a gentleman is not discussing such matters, to protect the reputation of the lady....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:22 PM   #9
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Initiated into what? This site, ebooks/ereaders? I found out about ereaders (I knew about the Kindle but never really paid attention I guess) when I saw a news story about them. I started poking around and found my beloved 505. Then I started googling things and found MR, joined, and here I am! I gave my spare 505 to my mechanic's assistant and bought one for my generic sister and I have told them both to come to this site for anything they need; there is a lot you can learn from here!
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:49 PM   #10
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
generic sister? is that as opposed to name brand?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:12 AM   #11
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
Initiated into what? This site, ebooks/ereaders? I found out about ereaders (I knew about the Kindle but never really paid attention I guess) when I saw a news story about them. I started poking around and found my beloved 505. Then I started googling things and found MR, joined, and here I am! I gave my spare 505 to my mechanic's assistant and bought one for my generic sister and I have told them both to come to this site for anything they need; there is a lot you can learn from here!
Nah, I kind of meant initiated you into the lounge I wasnʻt very clear, sorry!

whatʻs a generic sister? Better or worse than a brand-name sister?
Old 03-06-2010, 12:13 AM   #12
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
generic sister? is that as opposed to name brand?

dang! I should have refreshed, but I was having computer issues on my paper that my husband is trying to print at his workplace! You beat me to it, by a whole half-hour!

There ya go kids- the danger of not refreshing!
Old 03-06-2010, 05:55 AM   #13
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Lol, I've known her since first grade. We became very close and we were around each other so much we just started calling each other sisters. Her mom threw me a graduation party and everything, and it's cute, she signs all of her cards #2 mom. I say generic because she's not my real sister.
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
It was in a field of corn yer 'onour ....

Oh - you mean here at MR ... I just came and stayed ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #15
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Bow Before Me!

Foolish humans, you do not need to be initiated
to worship me!

My rites require little more than cowering and
begging and running ... lots of running.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote