Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #61
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Oh Awesome! How can the author afford to do this? I have the first two but this is too good to past up. I just made my first book purchase for 2015.
Self-pubbed, so promo price to drive sales and get reviews. The author gets 1/2 the usual cut (35% instead of 70%), but increased volume can make that up. Not to mention that sales at non-zero amounts count towards rankings and rankings can mean sales at higher prices.

Unless you mean the stupid $9.99 "regular" price (which won't be sustainable for more than a very few self-pubbed authors). I suspect it will settle into the $2.99-$4.99 range for a regular price, eventually.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:12 PM   #62
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Best wishes that everyone who's picked up unwanted stuff this season gets well soon.

Free from the author via KDP Select @ Amazon:

The Border Bride by Elizabeth English, 1st in her The Borderlands series of f/m Scottish historical romances, originally out from Jove in 2001. The blurb for this says it was a RITA Award-winner.

No one can remember a time when the Darnleys and Kirallens were not at each other's throats. The marriage of Maude Darnley to Jemmy Kirallen promises to end an age-old conflict—but Darnley has no intention of keeping his sworn word. Instead, he blackmails his baseborn daughter, Alyson, forcing her to masquerade as Maude while he prepares for a devastating surprise attack. Alyson is determined to survive and rescue her young brother from Darnley's clutches, but she never counted on falling in love. Now Alyson is faced with a terrible choice: Reveal the truth, and her brother's life is forfeit—stay silent, and condemn Jemmy and his clan to certain death.
Advert
Old 01-07-2015, 11:31 AM   #63
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Kobo (DRM-free):

Hour of the Rose by Christina Skye (Steel Magnolia Press, orgininally published with Avon in 1994).

Quote:
Star-crossed strangers uncover old passions in the shadows of hauntingly beautiful Draycott Abbey. Archeologist Kelly Hamilton follows a trail of secrets to England, tracking a priceless thousand-year-old sword. But the abbey's beauty hides old dangers, and it will take all Kelly's courage and her gift of second sight to stay alive. Rugged ex-Royal Marine Michael Burke wants Kelly gone before sunrise, and will brook no refusal. But Burke is overruled, and in the nights that follow, Kelly's visions tell her this man is no stranger. She has known him long before. As his ardent lover... Soon the two are pulled under the spell of the moonlit abbey, caught in a sensuous net of white-hot desire. And all the while an old and dangerous enemy waits to strike.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:41 PM   #64
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Free from Kobo (DRM-free):

Hour of the Rose by Christina Skye (Steel Magnolia Press, orgininally published with Avon in 1994).
Free at Amazon too
Old 01-07-2015, 01:23 PM   #65
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Falling Star by Diana Dempsey is FREE at Amazon. Republished.

http://www.amazon.com/Falling-Star-D...+diana+dempsey
Advert
Old 01-07-2015, 03:20 PM   #66
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Today's Christianbook deal is four Christian historical romance books for $.79 each, three of which are collections.

The Preacher's Bride Collection: 6 Old-Fashioned Romances Built on Faith and Love by DiAnn Mills, Marilou Flinkman and Kimberley Comeaux

The Long Road Home Romance Collection: Four Romances with an Enduring Pioneer Spirit by Judi Ehresman and Naomi Mitchum

Colorado Dawn: Love Lights the Way for Three Historical Brides by Erica Vetsch

Petticoat Detective by Margaret Brownley
Old 01-07-2015, 03:47 PM   #67
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Today's Christianbook deal is four Christian historical romance books for $.79 each, three of which are collections.

The Preacher's Bride Collection: 6 Old-Fashioned Romances Built on Faith and Love by DiAnn Mills, Marilou Flinkman and Kimberley Comeaux

The Long Road Home Romance Collection: Four Romances with an Enduring Pioneer Spirit by Judi Ehresman and Naomi Mitchum

Colorado Dawn: Love Lights the Way for Three Historical Brides by Erica Vetsch

Petticoat Detective by Margaret Brownley
I picked up three of them.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:20 PM   #68
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
$1.99 I Belong to You - Lisa Renee Jones [Book 5 Inside Out series]
Old 01-07-2015, 09:58 PM   #69
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I love Lisa. She is my main favorite on Facebook to follow but I have lost track on how many books and novellas there is now.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:16 PM   #70
Christi C
Christi C began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Thanks for all the romance free reads you have posted, I have so many now that I find need to organize my library

Off topic question:
I am a newbie to Calibre, have a very old version 0.8.33 installed on my Windows 7 PC. I would like to update to a newer version and want to ensure that it is stable with no issues. The newest available is 2.15.0, should I install that or an older version? I have no plug-ins installed.

I wasn't sure where to ask my question and you are the friendliest and most helpful group here, thank you!
Old 01-07-2015, 11:42 PM   #71
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christi C View Post
Thanks for all the romance free reads you have posted, I have so many now that I find need to organize my library

Off topic question:
I am a newbie to Calibre, have a very old version 0.8.33 installed on my Windows 7 PC. I would like to update to a newer version and want to ensure that it is stable with no issues. The newest available is 2.15.0, should I install that or an older version? I have no plug-ins installed.

I wasn't sure where to ask my question and you are the friendliest and most helpful group here, thank you!
2.15.0 will work with Windows 7. I don't know of any issues doing such a big jump affecting your library. You may want to ask in the Calibre forum.

There was a slight change in appearence between the 0.xx releases and 1.x, and then between 1.x and 2.x And a lot of new features (Edit Book and Cover Grid spring to mind but I know there are others.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:03 AM   #72
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Old 01-08-2015, 05:40 PM   #73
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Champion (Knights de Ware #1) by Glynnis Campbell is FREE at Amazon today. Highly rated on GR. Originally pubbed in 2000 by Jove. Also FREE at all other retailers.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Champion-Kn...ds=my+champion
Old 01-08-2015, 06:12 PM   #74
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Sapphire and Shadow (A Woman's Life #1) by Marie Ferrarella is FREE today at Amazon. GR says orig pubbed in 1991 by HarperCollins.

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Shado...ire+and+shadow
Old 01-09-2015, 07:51 AM   #75
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Love Handles by Gretchen Galway is currently free.

I read the second book in this series and enjoyed it.
Closed Thread