Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 04-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #16
textmulch
Enthusiast
textmulch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad
If you get redirected to missing pages/directories then it is definitely the URL rewriting that is causing the problems.

The installation archive contains a ".htaccess" file that instructs Apache web servers to use URL rewriting. Problems with missing .htaccess files reported previously were caused by the unzip applications used. Just using a different unzip method helped. However, if the file remains missing you could download it from here. It must be placed in the main directory of your BicBucStriim installation.

Hope this helps.
textmulch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #17
Dant1
Dant1 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505S
I have installed this on my synology NAS and I prefer the interface to COPs I can login and browse fine but when I select a file yo download I get an error returned. Anyone have any ideas of how I can resolve this? Thanks
Dant1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #18
textmulch
Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that. Download problems are rare, but there were problems with the Sony PRS-T2 reported. What version of BicBucStriim are you using and how did you try to download? With a PC browser or a mobile device?
Old 05-02-2014, 03:07 AM   #19
Dant1
Dant1 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505S
Thanks, I read that the unzip process of the archive could sometimes cause problems. I therefore redid the process using a different machine and now all is working well.
Dant1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #20
isaacrdz
isaacrdz began at the beginning.

Is it possible to have an option to not use URL rewriting? Having a difficult time getting that part to work and it's the only thing that's stopping me from using the program since I get errors.
isaacrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #21
CHBMB
CHBMB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Is it possible to install this on a windows machine? I've got COPS installed on my Windows Home Server 2011, but I'd love to give this a try.
CHBMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #22
textmulch
Enthusiast

@isaacrdz: As far as I know it, the underlying Slim Framework requires URL rewriting, sorry.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #23
textmulch
Enthusiast

I have never tried to install BicBucStriim on a Windows machine, but if there is an Apache server and PHP 5 the chances are good that it will work. IIS would require more configuration works, see https://github.com/rvolz/BicBucStriim/issues/78
Old 05-08-2014, 03:34 PM   #24
CHBMB
CHBMB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I'm none too versed in web pages, Apache and IIS but I'll see what I can do.
CHBMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:18 PM   #25
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Device: ARCHOS 80G9, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-T1, BeBook Club S, Icarus Reader Go
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHBMB View Post
Is it possible to install this on a windows machine? I've got COPS installed on my Windows Home Server 2011, but I'd love to give this a try.
Yep, I ran it using XAMPP (Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl) on Windows XP.
You can get it here : https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html
As far as I remember you can just unpack BicBucStriim it and change some settings.

I'm running Linux now (Mint 16 Cinnamon), but I've still got XP in dual-boot, so I'll ll see if I can check it.

EDIT: I saw you're using Windows servers, so you'll have (well ...) to run it in IIS. Which is a pain IMHO (using Windows server 2008, 2012 and IIS at work).

EDIT 2: just out of curiosity I tried installing BBS in Linux on XAMPP.
Ran into some problems with permissions (data.db) but fixed that.
Now trying to link to the calibre folder on my NAS.

Last edited by Goner; 05-19-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:59 PM   #26
A.T.E.
A.T.E. began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-300, FBReader
I am trying to use version 52-1.1, but I am getting a blank page instead of the admin one.
I have done the chmod command for the data folder and I have attached the page that shows my server configuration.
What am I doing wrong?
Attached Files
File Type: zip phpinfo.zip (8.2 KB, 398 views)
A.T.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 05:58 PM   #27
textmulch
Enthusiast

Did you try to access .../bbs/installcheck.php? It checks some basics. What does it say?
Old 01-06-2015, 06:14 PM   #28
A.T.E.
A.T.E. began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-300, FBReader
I erased the package and I installed it again. This time it worked.
Not every menu works, but being an older version I guess I have to live with that.
Thanks.
A.T.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:00 PM   #29
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHBMB View Post
You can have a look at zwamp server pack - which doesn't need installation. I'm no expert here but I could get it work.
http://zwamp.sourceforge.net/

There is another lightweight contendant
http://www.zachsaw.com/?pg=quickphp_php_tester_debugger

However, this lightweight php server returns error with BBS
Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'could not find driver' in F:\PortableApp\QuickPHP\BBS\lib\BicBucStriim\bicbucstriim.php:46 Stack trace: #0 F:\PortableApp\QuickPHP\BBS\lib\BicBucStriim\bicbucstriim.php(46): PDO->__construct('sqlite:F:\Porta...', NULL, NULL, Array) #1 F:\PortableApp\QuickPHP\BBS\index.php(157): BicBucStriim->__construct() #2 {main} thrown in F:\PortableApp\QuickPHP\BBS\lib\BicBucStriim\bicbucstriim.php on line 46
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote