Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #541
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
lcd screens good for video but bad for your eyes when you read more than 20 minutes.
magazines looks great on 9.7" jetBook Color screen and I can read it WITHOUT any reflow. I used reflow feature on my jetbook Lite unit but I don't need it on 9.7" jetBook Color screen because original text is a big enough for me.
If LCD is good for movies, but bad for text (which is bollocks if you can reduce the contrast/brightness to a near identical brightness as an e-ink), but then an LCD is also better for comic books; as the majority of comic books is colors, not white space!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #542
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Jetbook Color and iPad 3 eReading Comparison Video by goodereader.com

"Many people often wonder what the difference is between color e-paper and the LCD screen found on the iPad 3. Primarily we are evaluating the overall reading experience on both platforms. We point out text, magazines, newspapers and eBooks."

http://goodereader.com/blog/tablet-s...parison-video/
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #543
Friday13th
Enthusiast
Friday13th began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
can anyone say something about the reading experience in comparison to some eink pearl device?
how much light is needed to read, contrast etc?
what is about battery lifetime? can you use the jetbook color for about 1-2 weeks without charging if you read/use the device every day for about 3-4 hours?
Friday13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #544
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Friday13th, all your answers have been answered in this thread, and in this one:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170312

Please spend some time reading through the threads [moderation edit] and you'll find many of your current answers answered.
The JBL is a great device! My only gripe about it is it's weight, and white shiny border, rather than the screen background.
The background is more like an old palmtop or hand calculator - grey, but the blacks are really a lot blacker; giving you a much better contrast ratio than a calculator.
It's pretty readable, even in low light conditions.
The only thing that's hard to read is where colors are mixed like light green, with light blue, and yellow and orange, it's rather difficult to differentiate between all of them on the Jetbook)

Last edited by dreams; 03-31-2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: [moderation edit]
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #545
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-T1, M92, iPad 3, ex-JetBook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday13th View Post
can anyone say something about the reading experience in comparison to some eink pearl device?
how much light is needed to read, contrast etc?
what is about battery lifetime? can you use the jetbook color for about 1-2 weeks without charging if you read/use the device every day for about 3-4 hours?
Friday13th,

I believe you can find some of the answers (or opinions) for all your questions in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=170312&page=8. You can read the whole topic or you can start with my post # 110.
Valentinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #546
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
I suggest to read all the posts
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #547
xexijreil
xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: JBC
Really looking forward to hear about the new update! Nobody got it yet?
xexijreil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #548
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

not yet.

I suggest to see this video too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY8IF...ure=youtu.be&a

it seem to me how the unit to perform in reality with a good artificial light (sun is better).
Old 04-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #549
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
not yet.

I suggest to see this video too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY8IF...ure=youtu.be&a

it seem to me how the unit to perform in reality with a good artificial light (sun is better).
just got back from spring break. havent received the update yet but my office is purchasing jetBook Colors for everyone which is excittingggggg.

im embedding the video above as it's actually pretty informative:

LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #550
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
just got back from spring break. havent received the update yet but my office is purchasing jetBook Colors for everyone which is excittingggggg.

im embedding the video above as it's actually pretty informative:

Yeah, great. They must have improved the device quite a bit.
Everything seems to run smoothly ...
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #551
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacio ferrer View Post
Yeah, great. They must have improved the device quite a bit.
Everything seems to run smoothly ...
As is usual on the internet I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. It still looks as slow as mine.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #552
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
As is usual on the internet I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. It still looks as slow as mine.

Andrew
As much as I have to admit to being sarcastic quite a bit: here I was serious.
In the goodmode video pageturns were really slow, sometimes there was no reaction at all to stylus input.
So if they did not edit, and showed things in real time: I am still impressed.

Seems to me you are still frustrated ...
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #553
mod186k1
Addict

The unit response is as like as mine
Old 04-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #554
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
The unit response is as like as mine
I guess one person's slow is a another person's ok.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #555
mod186k1
Addict

You get the point

Tags
ectaco, jetbook color, jetbook color review