Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
spiffy05
spiffy05 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wireless
Kobo not recognized by Calibre (or Kobo desktop app)

Hey all,

I've searched and searched but haven't been able to find an answer to this issue. I have a brand new Kobo Wireless, and it won't connect to Calibre. I have the following log:
Looking for devices...
(8759L, 16737L, 272L, u'Kobo', u'eReader', u'KBN647132S21732')
Detected possible device KOBO

Devices possibly connected: Kobo Reader Device Interface,
Trying to open Kobo Reader Device Interface ... Unable to open device <calibre.devices.kobo.driver.KOBO object at 0x108d32f10>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 145, in do_connect
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 723, in open
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 455, in open_osx
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 447, in osx_bsd_names
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 401, in _osx_bsd_names
DeviceError: Could not detect BSD names for Kobo Reader Device Interface. Try rebooting.
I've tried rebooting the device, and my Mac itself, to no avail. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.
spiffy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If your Kobo is not being mounted as a disk by OS X, then calibre cannot connect to it. You need to contact Kobo for support.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
spiffy05
spiffy05 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wireless
The strange part is that it is mounted according to the OS X system, but not in Finder itself.

After a lot of searching, I came across a support item on the Kobo pages that suggested using the usb cable that came with the device (as opposed to a 3rd party cable). That seemed to work flawlessly. Very frustrating, but hopefully I won't have the issue again.

Cheers.
spiffy05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo