Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
scottsan
Connoisseur
scottsan began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
iTunes 10.4.1 won't sync iPad 1

I have a jailbroken iPad 1 running ios 4.3.2 that has synced with iTunes 10.4.1 without any problems for many months.
Suddenly, iTunes 10.4.1 will no longer sync my iPad. I can transfer files (books and apps) to the iPad via DiskAid and FileBrowser, and the iPad otherwise functions well, as it always has, but I cannot sync with iTunes.

When the iPad is connected to my MacBook running os 10.6.8
iTunes recognizes it and displays all of its contents, but will not sync or transfer new files.
I get no error messages and my jailbroken iPhone 3 running ios 4.2.1 syncs without a problem.

Any ideas why iTunes would suddenly stop syncing?

HELP?
scottsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Sounds odd-when I first updated iTunes for some reason it claimed it could not connect successfully to the iPad 2-but unplugging and replugging it in fixed it.

Maybe the "manually manage" checkbox got accidentally set?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
scottsan
Connoisseur

no, "manually manage" is not checked. I have not updated iTunes to v.10.5.
I am using iTunes 10.4.1, and have been without a problem for many man months.
Additionally there are no error messages. Itunes progresses through backup, contacts, calendar syncing, determines which apps to sync and then finishes without syncing apps or books.

And again, iTunes 10.4.1 syncs my jailbroken iPhone 3 running 4.2.1.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:10 AM   #4
Cheeky1
A Happy Pelican
Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad Air, iPhone 5s, Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7
Is it possible Apple is making you update? They may not be supporting 10.4.1 anymore? Just trying to throw a few possibilities out there. I've got some crazy insomnia so I'll dig around and see if I can find anything.
Cheeky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
scottsan
Connoisseur

how can apple control the itunes version on my computer to stop syncing only one of my devices? this scenario seems unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeky1 View Post
Is it possible Apple is making you update? They may not be supporting 10.4.1 anymore? Just trying to throw a few possibilities out there. I've got some crazy insomnia so I'll dig around and see if I can find anything.
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 04:51 AM   #6
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsan View Post
I have a jailbroken iPad 1 running ios 4.3.2 that has synced with iTunes 10.4.1 without any problems for many months.
Suddenly, iTunes 10.4.1 will no longer sync my iPad. I can transfer files (books and apps) to the iPad via DiskAid and FileBrowser, and the iPad otherwise functions well, as it always has, but I cannot sync with iTunes.

When the iPad is connected to my MacBook running os 10.6.8
iTunes recognizes it and displays all of its contents, but will not sync or transfer new files.
I get no error messages and my jailbroken iPhone 3 running ios 4.2.1 syncs without a problem.

Any ideas why iTunes would suddenly stop syncing?

HELP?
Have you tried triggering the sync manually with the sync button? My iPod stopped syncing automatically ages ago, I don't know why but it still syncs manually, so I haven't been worrying too much about it.

If you have tried it manually, was there an error message?
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
scottsan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Have you tried triggering the sync manually with the sync button? My iPod stopped syncing automatically ages ago, I don't know why but it still syncs manually, so I haven't been worrying too much about it.

If you have tried it manually, was there an error message?
I always sync manually, and I get no error messages. iTunes backs up, syncs contacts, calendars, email, safari bookmarks, and then states it is determining which apps to sync and then finishes without syncing the apps or books. Nor will it transfer purchased made with the ipad.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsan View Post
I always sync manually, and I get no error messages. iTunes backs up, syncs contacts, calendars, email, safari bookmarks, and then states it is determining which apps to sync and then finishes without syncing the apps or books. Nor will it transfer purchased made with the ipad.
Yuck, that's creepy. Sorry I wasn't any help, I have no idea what could cause this.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote