Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #151
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
EDIT:
a guess: maybe than sync only happens for "/apps/er/*" keys?
You're right on this (see conf.h in sysd).
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #152
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
I'm too tired now... but tomorrow I'll publish the new release with tons of exciting features!!!
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 06:01 AM   #153
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

New release: v3

New release, version 3, attached to the first message of the thread. Enjoy.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:48 AM   #154
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
wow, really impressive list of new features, will install when at home tonight!
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:56 AM   #155
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I like the installer, the new icons and the changes to mdbindex. I will see if I can borrow them for dr1000hackx.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #156
yuri_b
Connoisseur
yuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enough

Device: irex dr800sg DR1000S
Great
Thanks

Unfortantly it isn't have support for second language jump bar and have old russian language po files. (I thought I add them to your sources and configurable jump bar can be added also).

Sincerely
Yura
yuri_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #157
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I like the installer, the new icons and the changes to mdbindex. I will see if I can borrow them for dr1000hackx.
Take a look at the FBReader installer as well to see another example of use.
It's not completely flexible but it should be enough for most apps

Adding FBReader toolbar icons to popupmenu should be a good touch for your code
And sysinfo ;-)
Old 06-23-2011, 08:25 AM   #158
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri_b View Post
Unfortantly it isn't have support for second language jump bar and have old russian language po files. (I thought I add them to your sources and configurable jump bar can be added also).
Could you post a link to the second launchbar?
I'll try to add the code, an also the new .po files.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #159
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
wow, really impressive list of new features, will install when at home tonight!
In fact half of the new features were written many months ago.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:28 AM   #160
yuri_b
Connoisseur
yuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enough

Device: irex dr800sg DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Could you post a link to the second launchbar?
I'll try to add the code, an also the new .po files.
see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99675
file: ctb800_src.zip, originated from you sources with my changes to handle non english letters (UTF8) and dynamic loaded launchbar + po file. By default it will be the same as original, when you add additional string in po file it will support 2 bars (or more), see picture.

Later I will publish other updated po files.

Sincerely
Yura
yuri_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:18 PM   #161
joepsichip
joepsichip has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight & Opus White • iRex DR800SG & iLiad 2 Ed.
Tested on my DR800SG.
I had to reset because the window "please wait" was blocked.
Now everything is fine, thanks.
joepsichip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:39 AM   #162
emav
emav began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800S
Wow! Lot's of exciting new features. Thank you for your work and the continuous support, Iņigo.

If we, non-programmers, could help in any way, please, don't hesitate to tell us how.
emav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #163
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Tested the new version for one full and busy day. Taking notes with Xjournal, reading a book, and reading a newspaper (newspaperdirect).

The main problem for me is that the "toggle taskbar" command doesn't seem to stick. As soon as I go back to home or to another item, the taskbar disappears. I like to keep the taskbar visible to switch between applications.

Several times, when clicking on "explorer" on the taskbar absolutely nothing happened, and I had to go to the home page via the menu.

And in the newspaperdirect app the following happened to me twice. The taskbar had disappeared and I tried to open the menu via the small button below the flipbar. But the menu didn't appear. In the end the only way I could leave the newspaper app was by restarting the device.

I love the new functionality, but I hope that you can find a way to keep the taskbar open and functional until I choose to toggle it off. My guess is that was the way you intended to do it, continually off or on depending on the setting of the toggle switch.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #164
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
The main problem for me is that the "toggle taskbar" command doesn't seem to stick. As soon as I go back to home or to another item, the taskbar disappears. I like to keep the taskbar visible to switch between applications.
Sorry, can't understand this sentence.
You mean that the toggle menu entry disappears or the task list in the menu? Or even the taskbar at the right of screen?

By default (if you don't change a setting in System/dr.ini and reboot or click the toggle menu item) taskbar at the right should be visible always.

Could you add some screenshots showing the problems please? f.e. before, action, after.

Quote:
Several times, when clicking on "explorer" on the taskbar absolutely nothing happened, and I had to go to the home page via the menu.

And in the newspaperdirect app the following happened to me twice. The taskbar had disappeared and I tried to open the menu via the small button below the flipbar. But the menu didn't appear. In the end the only way I could leave the newspaper app was by restarting the device.
How did you close newspaperdirect app before installing DR800+?
Does newspaperdirect app integrate with tasks system in DR?

Quote:
I love the new functionality, but I hope that you can find a way to keep the taskbar open and functional until I choose to toggle it off. My guess is that was the way you intended to do it, continually off or on depending on the setting of the toggle switch.
As I mentioned above, taskbar at the right will appear always on screen unless you 've changed configuration, toggled temporary or have an app in fullscreen mode.

If you configured taskbar as visible in System/dr.ini and click toggle menu item *once*, taskbar will be hidden until you reboot the device or click on toggle menu item again. And vice versa. Note that apps in fullscreen mode will be on top of the screen so taskbar won't be seen as it's at bottom.

Taskbar menu entry will disappear when there are no more tasks running than CTB (content browser, the program to navigate contents).
I.e. If you have opened some books and closed all of them, tasks entry will not be displayed in menu.

Also, in order to help DR to know about tasks, the programs should follow IREX API (ipc_task_started or something like this). If the program doesn't include it in the code it won't be listed as task.

Last edited by Iņigo; 06-24-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #165
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
The taskbar itself disappears, there is no problem with the menu. On my device (just installed your latest version) after installation the taskbar on the right is NOT visible. I will try to change the dr.ini file tomorrow and see what happens.

Then I press "toggle taskbar" in the menu and the taskbar (bottom and right) appears. But as soon as I go to home or open newspaperdirect the taskbar dissappears again. In the old version of DR800+ newpaperdirect doesn't affect the taskbar.

Newspaperdirect closes automatically when you go to another application (perhaps it needs too much memory), it has no "exit" and cannot run in the background. But in the old DR800+ it was still listed on the taskbar.

Yes, the taskbar should disappear when you open a full screen app --- but it should reappear after you leave full screen mode, right?

One more note, xjournal does not appear as a task anymore (no tab appears). When I open xjournal with the taskbar visible and press the "explorer" tab nothing happens. To leave I have to open the menu and press home. Seems like xjournal is not a "taskbar enabled" task anymore?

I just opened a book in the regular reading app in full page mode, and I also couldn't leave the book, the menu button doesn't work. So there is no way to leave full page mode or get back to home. I have to reset the device again. Reading a book in FBReader worked fine.

I will try more tomorrow and make sure to keep several apps open --- it is getting late here.

Last edited by HansTWN; 06-24-2011 at 09:52 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr800+