Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
Sjonnie
Sjonnie began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Where does the sony reader put the library?

I am using the sony library and I am trying to figure out where the physical location of the library is on my hard drive. I am using Vista 64-bit.

Problem I am facing is that I had some files on my reader which were not yet on my drive. I've synched them with my drive, but now I would like to know where sony put them.
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjonnie View Post
I am using the sony library and I am trying to figure out where the physical location of the library is on my hard drive. I am using Vista 64-bit.

Problem I am facing is that I had some files on my reader which were not yet on my drive. I've synched them with my drive, but now I would like to know where sony put them.
If you can open up the eBook with the Reader Library, just click on the "Information" icon (I believe it is a small encircled letter "i", just to the left of the ebook title on the top bar). This will show you the path of where the eBook is located.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Look under My Documents/My Books. Then LRF books from Sony are under ebooks and the EPUB books under Reader Library.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
Sjonnie
Sjonnie began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Thanks...it is indeed under C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Sony Corporation\Reader\Database\kLibrary

That's very well hidden by Sony;-(
Also make sure that your AppData folder (which is by default hidden) is shown.

Again thanks a lot!
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote