Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #1441
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Cuda View Post
My 27 year old Cockatiel named Charlie Brown died this morning. I have had him since he was a 3 month old baby. He was such a good boy.
Sorry to hear that. You have my sympathy.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #1442
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Sorry to hear that, 74Cuda.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #1443
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
Thanks everyone for the kind words. They are much appreciated.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #1444
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
My 27 year old Cockatiel named Charlie Brown died this morning. I have had him since he was a 3 month old baby. He was such a good boy.
Not too long ago, I lost both my cockatiel and my canary. The silence is deafening. My sympathies to you for your loss.

"When you lose someone you love, you gain an angel you know" -- Author unknown
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #1445
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by victauria View Post
Not too long ago, I lost both my cockatiel and my canary. The silence is deafening. My sympathies to you for your loss.

You express the sense of loss so acutely ... It's devastating ...

Years ago I lost a beloved cat .... some time afterward I walked into my bedroom and my foot brushed a slipper on the floor -- I automatically bent down to pick up the cat ... it was such a constant in my life ... when I realized what I was doing the experience of loss hit me again & I sat down on the floor and cried ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #1446
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
Quote:
Originally Posted by victauria View Post

2 years ago I also lost my 25 year old Blue Front Amazon parrot to Cancer. I had raised him from a 4 month old baby. He was like a child. I know what you mean about quietness.

MaxPuppy does make sure that I don't know total silence. Shelties are like that.

Thank you Victauria.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #1447
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
A virtual candle, then, for all the blessed animals we've loved and lost, but who remain with us in the brush of a slipper or a faint shadow at the front window or a small rubber pointy ball that somehow appears where it could no longer be. I am bitterly happy for the reminders and brief connections with those who wait for us.
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #1448
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
So very sorry for your loss Cuda.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:44 PM   #1449
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I am lighting a virtual candle for those killed and wounded at Fort Hood, Texas today.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #1450
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Yesterday a Malaysian airplane, flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, has been shot down during the flight above Ukrain territory. All of it's 298 passengers and crew are dead; 192 of them are Dutch. Very sad.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #1451
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
More than sad. A great number of those who died were researchers on their way to an AIDS conference.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #1452
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
More than sad. A great number of those who died were researchers on their way to an AIDS conference.
Yes, about a third of the now dead were going to an important international AIDS-conference; all very dedicated persons. The rest of the Dutch were going to Malaysia or Indonesia on a holiday. Whole families have been wiped out.
Our country is very quiet now. All festivities of any kind, as the last day of the Vierdaagse, has been very subdued. http://www.4daagse.nl/en/event/walking.html

Last edited by desertblues; 07-19-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #1453
desertblues
Home for the moment

Tomorrow is a day of National Mourning in the Netherlands for the 193 Dutch passengers of the Malaysian airplane that was shot down. http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/18/wo...ane-questions/
The first bodies of the victims will come home tomorrow.
President Obama has signed the condoleance register at the Dutch embassy in Washington.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #1454
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPad Mini 4
Too many lives were lost. A number of Malaysians (including all the crew members) were on board the plane as well. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of the deceased.
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #1455
Melon Soda
★ Enjoy Your Reads! ★
Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Desktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyMore View Post
Too many lives were lost. A number of Malaysians (including all the crew members) were on board the plane as well. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of the deceased.
It's such a tragedy.... What a terrible thing to happen My thoughts are with the families too.
Melon Soda is offline   Reply With Quote