Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
borceda
borceda began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t2
prs-t2 rooted problem

I have a prs-t2 for almost a year. Have rooted the device and installed some extra apps. For several months it have been working perfectly but yesterday when i finish to copy some files to the reader´s memory, the home screen loaded, and an error pop up (the application xxx has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close), then appears the "menu language" screen, but whitout any button to confirm.

I can only change the language (whitout close the language menu) and shutdown the device. Whe turned on again the problem persist. When concted to any PC it seems ok but i cant confirm the conexion so i cant do anything. I try conecting the device when its off, it power on automaticaly and same problem. Also try hard reseting (whith the reset button) bat when finish to load the problem persist.

I will thanks any help.

sorry my english.

Last edited by borceda; 09-19-2013 at 10:46 AM.
borceda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
Looks like you have "old" version of AMR package on your device. There was a bug in the AMR which caused device to go into language setting screen (after somebody or something had initiated device factory reset) without possibility of finishing this activity This bug was fixed long time ago. The only way to get out of this situation (if I remember correctly) was to run SD recovery and install newer version of firmware.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
prs-t2